How To: Root your Motorola DROID Bionic

IanG

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just a question regarding unrooting the Bionic.

Using Petes unroot method, does that wipe the phone and all the information on it back to factory, or will it leave everything in tact so I can simply unroot, install any OS updates, then re-root again without losing all my information?

Tloc107

Reaction score
God I am a idiot!!! I should of never messed with this. I also did the Pete's rooting method. Phone was rooted fine and that was simple and easy. Then I went to remove bloatware and this is where I started having issues. I accidentally uninstalled the setting options ap (which has bluetooth and wifi switch and all settings etc) I backed up all before tampering using trial titanium back up. So I tried to restore apps and setting back to factory and nothing worked. First I tried to reinstall the settings ap alone and wheels were spinning like it was doing it but never did. Then I tried to do as a batch and still nothing worked. Then I tried to unroot phone but that wouldn't work either said it wasnt recognized. I don't have internet connections!!! So mad at myself right now and not sure what to do or try at this point being I can't just bring it to verizon. FML.

kendeezy

Reaction score
Hey guys I am wanting to root but im nervous bc its my first time rooting? Is everyone having success with this or are people having issues? I just want to be sure. Thanks guys!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^These last two posts...lol! Tloc, dont worry, it's almost impossible to brick the phone. I'll get you a link.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
God I am a idiot!!! I should of never messed with this. I also did the Pete's rooting method. Phone was rooted fine and that was simple and easy. Then I went to remove bloatware and this is where I started having issues. I accidentally uninstalled the setting options ap (which has bluetooth and wifi switch and all settings etc) I backed up all before tampering using trial titanium back up. So I tried to restore apps and setting back to factory and nothing worked. First I tried to reinstall the settings ap alone and wheels were spinning like it was doing it but never did. Then I tried to do as a batch and still nothing worked. Then I tried to unroot phone but that wouldn't work either said it wasnt recognized. I don't have internet connections!!! So mad at myself right now and not sure what to do or try at this point being I can't just bring it to verizon. FML.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tboot-restore-recover-bootloop-softbrick.html

kendeezy

Reaction score
hey guys so i did the root using petes root method and at the very end it said congratulations your phone should now be rooted after one more reboot. but then after that it said fail "we have root but couldnt push busy box, not sure why".... is this bad? what should i do? thanks guys

alexxx

Reaction score
Hi guys having an issue here..."Motorola ADB Interface" driver is not installing on my computer, causing Pete's to not be able to see my phone (I think?). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the correct version of the drivers multiple times, as well as made sure usb debugging is checked. The phone is also in charge only mode. Anyone else have this issue and/or a solution?

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to do this with Linux? Just curious.

I've done all of the hacks on my OG Droid with Linux. Thinking about getting a Bionic, would rather stick with Linux to hack it if possible.

Thanks.

kendeezy

Reaction score
hey everyone,
yesterday i rooted my bionic and it rooted just fine. i ended up unrooting because i didnt know how to install roms or anything so before i started messing with things i unrooted. well now i have read up on it and i am ready to start installing roms and such. problem is my bionic wont root anymore. it gets to step 3 then gives me this error everytime:

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.

can someone please help me? thanks in advance

Captmilk

Reaction score
I tried this method and It says everything was successful but I don't have root....Any thoughts? Bionic 2.3.4

Macdaddy4sure

Reaction score
I'm going to have to do this when I get home. (iMacs at work)Is there any possibility that I will be able to mod my Bionic like my Droid?

wooddale

Reaction score
Did you guys try it again I rooted and unrooted my phone a couple times one time I got a note couldnt unroot try again I did and it worked rooted and un rooted again no problems.