How To: Root your Motorola DROID Bionic

BIrONIC

Reaction score
If someone has a place to host it, I'd be happy to upload it there.

BIrONIC

Reaction score
I don't see an option to attach a file here on the forum, and I don't have a google drive.
If you post an FTP (or other) location, I'll upload it there.

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Actually, I just checked, and the link I posted above still works just fine.
1. Click the link (HERE)
2. Click the link for whichever version you require (GB or ICS), and it should lead you to a page with a download link on it (in the middle of the page).
3. Click that 'Download' link, and you should get a copy.

jagnth

Reaction score

I used the 'Motofail' to root my Bionic (ICS). I didn't have the option to set a 'charge only' and the Motofail app was stuck on waiting for the device to reboot. Once I switched the USB connection type to 'Camera (PTS)', then it successfully rooted the phone. I do not know if setting USB connection type to 'Media device (MTP) would achieve the same results as my first test was with 'Camera (PTS)' as the connection type.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
When I try to run the ICS rooter it says "Motofail-ics.exe is not a valid Win32 application". I can't get it to work.

BIrONIC

Reaction score
When I try to run the ICS rooter it says "Motofail-ics.exe is not a valid Win32 application". I can't get it to work.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. That kind of message seems sort of like what one would get if they were running a 64 bit application on a 32 bit operating system in the Windows world, but I can't say for sure. It could also be a corrupt file from a bad download or many other issues.

I just posted the link to the method because it's what worked for mine, and I'm not enough of a droid rooting expert to help much here (and I've also moved on to a better phone). So, I'd suggest going to the site where this tool is from (here) and do the following...

First, search the thread from the beginning to see if same/similar text comes up anywhere = if someone else has already brought up the same issue, you can save time by taking advantage of whatever conversation has already taken place.

Then, if you don't see what you're looking for anywhere in the thread, post up and ask about it (Of course, if you're not a member there yet, you'll need to get an account before you can post).

You could also do some Googling.

Good luck. I hope you get it worked out.

Import roller

Reaction score
I had rooted by bionic years ago, and forgot the process, and the first link in this thread isn't working. The thread is just too long to go through and read every page, does any one have a link to current directions on rooting the bionic? I lost my root since I had to go back to stock, to update the software and now I can't recall how to do it again

jwolb33

Reaction score
I have had my bionic for awhile and now I want to root it but I can't figure out what the newest root method is that will work with my version. Can somebody point me in the right direction.Thanks.

System version 6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android version 4.0.4
Build number 6.7.2-223_DMBM4-23

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had my bionic for awhile and now I want to root it but I can't figure out what the newest root method is that will work with my version. Can somebody point me in the right direction.Thanks.

System version 6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android version 4.0.4
Build number 6.7.2-223_DMBM4-23

google razrs edge ...

heeroic

Reaction score
I lost root when updating to 4.1.2 has anyone heard of any root methods for the Jelly Bean update?

wizard

Reaction score
Lost root

I used the keep root OTA function in Rom Toolbox. I lost Root when OTA 4.1.2 happend. I have used Motochopper, Razrs Edge, Razrs blade all have failed to root. Might be that this one might not get rooted.