[HOW TO] Root without using ADB

Humpa

Reaction score
Is there any updated ROOT how-to's??? All I'm seeing is the old versions and nun for the new versions. My Friend has a X running 2.3 and was needing the know how on rooting it for him.

Y can't everything be as easy as rooting the MOTO DROID1...dancedroid
Supposedly 2.3 thru 2.5 is Gingerbread. And 3.0 will be Honeycomb.

Your friend doesn't have Froyo 2.2 like the rest of us? He has a test version of 2.3? Or was that just a typo?

MNull

Reaction score
Is there any updated ROOT how-to's??? All I'm seeing is the old versions and nun for the new versions. My Friend has a X running 2.3 and was needing the know how on rooting it for him.

Your friend doesn't have Froyo 2.2 like the rest of us? He has a test version of 2.3? Or was that just a typo?

Well when I looked at it, it said 2.2 then the next day he said it was 2.3. Don't know if he just miss read it or what. Going to have to see for myself...lol

Either way, Couldn't find out how to root either versions.

Humpa

Reaction score

Well when I looked at it, it said 2.2 then the next day he said it was 2.3. Don't know if he just miss read it or what. Going to have to see for myself...lol

Either way, Couldn't find out how to root either versions.
Post #115 in this thread has instructions and a link to another site with instructions.

Oscar327

Reaction score
Froyo 2.2 rooting without using ADB?

Does anyone know if there is, or if there will be, a way to root OTA 2.2 Froyo without using ADB? Similar to the method in this original post?

cruckus

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is, or if there will be, a way to root OTA 2.2 Froyo without using ADB? Similar to the method in this original post?

Much simpler way to root works just google it

Oscar327

Reaction score
Everything I have found is for 2.1 which I had done prior to doing the update.

Daali

Reaction score
i keep getting cant cd to /sqlite_stmt_journal

edit: also dont have the resource.ashx file but i changed the file it downloaded to update.zip and unzipped it in the same file
Oops, /sqlite_stmt_journals
Updated.

I'm getting that same error and the directory does not seem to exist. Droid X OTA 2.2

Make sure you are using the D2 root method for OTA 2.2, the sqlite* exploit is for OTA 2.1 ONLY

Follow this process listed here as Abe21599 pointed out to a user:
(Step 2 option A):
Multiple phones - Root them, unroot them

It is all on the phone root, via Astro File Manager, Android Terminal Emulator and the exploit files

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man u dont have to credit me everytime lol i didnt even write the article

but yea, use that for 2.2

Daali

Reaction score
lol, sorry, I am lazy and cut and paste a lot =)

Now if I could get appinventor to behave and link my BLOCKS!!!

Thanks for all you do Abe!

mendmyrootx

Reaction score
cannot find

when im on my phone i can not find the files in the first thread or whatever. please help quick