How to replace 3D gallery with 2D Rubix

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I swapped out the Gallery3D.apk with MediaGallery.apk, pulled from Darkslide v4.1. I changed permissions to match others in /system/app and rebooted. I get no gallery, and if i go to install it, it says not installed. What am i doing wrong.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I swapped out the Gallery3D.apk with MediaGallery.apk, pulled from Darkslide v4.1. I changed permissions to match others in /system/app and rebooted. I get no gallery, and if i go to install it, it says not installed. What am i doing wrong.

That gallery is incompatible. There will be the 2d gallery from CM in the next release since it seems so many people dislike the 3d..

alosenster

Reaction score
I really like the 3D gallery, except that it doesn't seem to react to the accelerometer. It stays portrait all the time.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I really like the 3D gallery, except that it doesn't seem to react to the accelerometer. It stays portrait all the time.

Might see if I can make it landscape compatible.. I'll include a script then, to swap them back and forth..? :) dancedroid

OP
hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Ok that makes sense. Is that a gallery I could get now, or is it incompatible as well?

Thanks drod for the quick reply!

My 3d gallery works with the accellerometer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

akanealw

Reaction score
i know the black moto 2D gallery from WJD works. it's in the rom manager. you just need to rename or delete the 3D gallery after or you will have two galleries :)

OP
hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Where is that in rom manager? Under download rom? I didn't see wjd.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jdhas

Reaction score
i know the black moto 2D gallery from WJD works. it's in the rom manager. you just need to rename or delete the 3D gallery after or you will have two galleries :)

^ This. The black gallery by WJD in Rom Manager works great on Focused.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

alosenster

Reaction score

Might see if I can make it landscape compatible.. I'll include a script then, to swap them back and forth..? :) dancedroid

I'm an idiot. Somehow, my "Auto-rotate screen" box was unchecked.

2 o'clock and all is well.