Problem with Gallery/BlurGallery

Diluted

Reaction score
So I put Apex 1.4.1 on my Droid X, and I am liking it quite a bit more than stock.

I am having one issue so far, and I was hoping someone might shed some light.

I _think_ that the Gallery application that comes with Apex is 3D Gallery, but it's just called 'Gallery'. I went in to the Apex Tools script and changed it to use the Blur Gallery (MediaGallery.apk) and although it says it downloaded the file and installed it, when I go back to the app drawer, Gallery is gone and there is no Gallery viewer available. Going into the Camera app and then clicking the photo stack exits the camera and does not launch anything, it just dumps me back to the home screen.

I have to reflash the entire ROM to get 'Gallery' back.

At first I assumed that it was because fabdroid.com was down, but now it seems that the app repository is back... and it still isn't working right.

I've searched various forums and looked at as many articles as I could find...

Any help?

Thanks!

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So I put Apex 1.4.1 on my Droid X, and I am liking it quite a bit more than stock.

I am having one issue so far, and I was hoping someone might shed some light.

I _think_ that the Gallery application that comes with Apex is 3D Gallery, but it's just called 'Gallery'. I went in to the Apex Tools script and changed it to use the Blur Gallery (MediaGallery.apk) and although it says it downloaded the file and installed it, when I go back to the app drawer, Gallery is gone and there is no Gallery viewer available. Going into the Camera app and then clicking the photo stack exits the camera and does not launch anything, it just dumps me back to the home screen.

I have to reflash the entire ROM to get 'Gallery' back.

At first I assumed that it was because fabdroid.com was down, but now it seems that the app repository is back... and it still isn't working right.

I've searched various forums and looked at as many articles as I could find...

Any help?

Thanks!

I think his servers are still down, not sure why you get a successful download, but I just checked and can't access any of the apk's for the toolbox.

Edit: attached is a zip file with the blur gallery apk. just get the apk into your /system/app directory and you'll be all set.

You can use the toolbox to do this if you get the apk out of the zip file and onto the root of your sd card, use the toolbox option 2, the i to install the apk.

That'll get your blur gallery up and running.

Last edited:

Cidorov

Reaction score
Still Hard Broken

His site is still down and if you tried to update the tool box it breaks it. No joy trying to install anything using it if it's broken. I tried to install the gallery file posted here using root explorer and no joy either. Any suggestions? I'm gonna dump this rom if no resolution. Any thoughts?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
His site is still down and if you tried to update the tool box it breaks it. No joy trying to install anything using it if it's broken. I tried to install the gallery file posted here using root explorer and no joy either. Any suggestions? I'm gonna dump this rom if no resolution. Any thoughts?

You can open up the zip file in Astro Manager and pull the apk file from the zip. Copy and past it to your download folder in Astro. Then open root explorer. Got to SD card , download folder, retrieve apk, copy file. Then back out to the system file in root explorer, and app file. Paste the apk to that file. Long press on apk and open permissions. There will be 3 columns. Put checks in the first colum and one in the top box of 2nd column and leave all other boxes blank. Back out and reboot and the media gallery wil be on your phone.

OP
D

Diluted

Reaction score

You can open up the zip file in Astro Manager and pull the apk file from the zip. Copy and past it to your download folder in Astro. Then open root explorer. Got to SD card , download folder, retrieve apk, copy file. Then back out to the system file in root explorer, and app file. Paste the apk to that file. Long press on apk and open permissions. There will be 3 columns. Put checks in the first colum and one in the top box of 2nd column and leave all other boxes blank. Back out and reboot and the media gallery wil be on your phone.

Thanks! This worked. It was the permission thing that got me. ;)

asaunders

Reaction score
I'm trying to copy the blur messaging suite to the app folder but I went to sys folder I didn't see the app folder. Am I missing it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

Diluted

Reaction score
Grrr... spoke too soon, it worked a couple times, but now it launches and exits immediately. It's not a bad media file, because I don't have much on the phone...

OP
D

Diluted

Reaction score
Hmmm, I spoke too soon. If I remove the SD card, it works fine. Something on the SD card is causing the problem. Anyone know what it might be?

dirtytofu

Reaction score
I just flashed Apex and I'm running into the same problem with the servers being down.

Does anyone have the Blur Messaging Suite apk for download also?

Thanks!

homer_atl

Reaction score
i have the same problem w/ the gallery and alarm clock. missing from my app drawer. I tried to install using the toolbox... same problem, said success, but no luck.

didn't try to put it back yet. maybe after work i can try it.