Froyo 3D gallery for Droid X

StfuNub

Reaction score
Im sorry im a noob, and when i plug in my droid x to my computer i only get a handful of options such as
+ albums
+ messaging
+ Playlist
+ dcim
+ Music
and
+zedge (walpapers)

Is there a way to get more options? because i have no idea where to put this file

ScuzMeIdroided

Reaction score
SD card photos not showing up

I installed, it looks cool, but is only displaying the 2 pictures that are in my download folder. How do I get it to include pictures on my SD card.

In addition, I didn't allow it access to my gmail account... can I do that after the fact (if so, where?)

earnric

Reaction score
Don't like the Droid X gallery? Neither do I. You can install the default Android 3d gallery without root.

If you have root, you can also rename the Moto Gallery. /system/app/MediaGallery.apk

Thanks for posting it! Cool stuff... especially since the stock Gallery is now crashing when you try to access the Camera pics!

earnric

Reaction score
Nice it reminded me that I needed to hide some pictures on my picasa account :p.

But what if you don't want some of those picasa albums showing up on your device? :) ... I have some pics that wouldn't be good for, say, my mom to see if she's looking at the phone.

Is there a way to tell the X not to show/include them? I couldn't find a way...

SaurusX

Reaction score
If you install this do you still have the option to view pix and videos over HDMI? I thought that I had read that the default Froyo gallery did not have HDMI capability.

DXbeast

Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out why the 3D Gallery on my X (installed from link in OP) doesn't have Picasa option in the Share menu. It does appear in the Moto Gallery, but not in 3D Gallery.

Any ideas?

EDIT: My dumb @ss fault - I didn't have any pics stored locally (i.e. taken with camera). Only my Picasa albums were showing. All share options are available for local pics.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
If you install this do you still have the option to view pix and videos over HDMI? I thought that I had read that the default Froyo gallery did not have HDMI capability.

That is what I was wondering also... the stock MediaGallery has extensivce tie-ins to the HDMI stuff... never heard of the 3D Gallery doing that.. That alone makes it a deal killer for me...

Plus I also hated the DX Gallery at first... but after using it more and more I think I like it better now, and it certainly has more features.

BTW, pretty sure the Stock Media Gallery is also tied in with the Media Sync app, so I wouldn't recommend removing it...if you ever plan to use the Media Sync features.

Similar problem we have with attempting to replace the Music app, you can do it with a DeOdexed ROM and use the Music app OK...but then you have no Music functions in the Car Dock as those 2 are also intertwined.