How to make my Rooted Bionic Faster

Randy72560

Reaction score
So now that I have it rooted, what can I do to make it run good again? The damn thing is sooooo slow; - Just want it to be responsive, dosn't have to be super charged, just good

Any suggestions?

tbrand68

Reaction score
There's a good thread talking about much of what you're experiencing.... many have offered some "tricks"... some work, some not so much. I love my bionic, but I think it is just one of those phones that get hinkey over a period of time. My solution is to factory reset, install what I want, setup everything the way I like it, then do a safestrap backup... when it starts to slow down again, I restore the backup...Here is that link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/233682-my-bionic-gets-slower-slower.html. If you find something that "fixes" the "slow" :) let me know.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
You can usually get a little speed bump by going into recovery and clearing cache. It won't be an amazing difference, but it's noticeable.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try using a rom. My bionic was never as slow as what your describing but it definitely feels smother and more responsive since using one.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I have safestrap 3.5 installed and just yesterday was slower then crap, went into recovery and wiped cache and dalvick. Sped this right back up. Didn't lose a thing either

RUNNING the latest and greatest ICS 246.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd run a rom if you have Safestrap installed. Icarus HD 1.7.2 is running fast and smooth on my Bionic.

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Icarus was always sluggish for me, but I did like the look of it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm on Icarus Stripped. Not sure if that matters.

jayman350

Reaction score
Yeah My 2+ days of usage on my Extended battery is horrible.

everyone has different experiences with battery life, too many factors to compare, signal strength, running apps, widgets, etc, etc.

I am amazed when people throw out claims like 2+ days without needing to charge. During those 2 days how much did you actually use your phone? Did you play games? Text? Stream video?

I have never been able to go much more than a day without needing to charge my phone, regardless of the rom I was using at the time.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
everyone has different experiences with battery life, too many factors to compare, signal strength, running apps, widgets, etc, etc.

I am amazed when people throw out claims like 2+ days without needing to charge. During those 2 days how much did you actually use your phone? Did you play games? Text? Stream video?

I have never been able to go much more than a day without needing to charge my phone, regardless of the rom I was using at the time.

I'll have to redo the usage. I think total screen on time was around 6 hours, about 50 texts, 50 or so emails, an hour or so on calls, a little surfing, no gaming, no facebook or any other social media software on my phone and wifi from 6pm to 6am with data turned off manually. Screen at 19%. Overall, I'm very happy with this rom. I can go almost the whole weekend without any issues.