Do you guys seriously like the new look of the bionic? i mean really?

grrouchie

Reaction score
I like the look and It's nice and light - however I honestly prefer the look and feel of the OG over any phone I have ever had.

I've said it before, but give me the same shell (but bigger for screen size of course) and get rid of the keyboard - just put the bionic's internals in it and I'd be bloody happy.

my OG took a beating and never blinked - it's indestructible. I feel like I might have to baby the Bionic a bit.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
looks so standard its embarrasing taking it out of my pocket.

You've got to be absolutely freakin' kidding me. If I'm guessing your age and gender correctly then I would suggest spray painting it pink and Bedazzle it with unicorns and rainbows. There, problem solved.

I didnt really read the OP. If they feel that way....why in the world did they even buy it? And for me, I could care less what someone else thought about how my phone looked. Droid 1 and Droid X, some ppl call them ugly, doesnt bother me. Kids mother loves my Droid X so much she wont give it back..lol.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love the feel and look of the screen it has a glass feel the dx has more of a plastic feel

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am strongly considering picking up the Bionic, but I'm wondering if it feels 'cheap' because they decided to go with all plastic instead of metal? For example, whenever I hold a Samsung Fascinate, it always feels like a toy because of how lightweight it is and it doesn't seem very solid. IMO it feels like I am holding a display model without any of the internal components. One of the things that I have always loved about the OG Droid is the solid and heavy feel that it has. I am going to check out the Bionic today, but I was just curious what people are thinking in the first couple days with the device.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am strongly considering picking up the Bionic, but I'm wondering if it feels 'cheap' because they decided to go with all plastic instead of metal? For example, whenever I hold a Samsung Fascinate, it always feels like a toy because of how lightweight it is and it doesn't seem very solid. IMO it feels like I am holding a display model without any of the internal components. One of the things that I have always loved about the OG Droid is the solid and heavy feel that it has. I am going to check out the Bionic today, but I was just curious what people are thinking in the first couple days with the device.

Nothing like the fascinate

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dgoakill

Reaction score
got it yesterday. love the feel, love the weight (noticeably lighter than OG droid) to me light is good, heavy is bad. Don't know why people associate quality with heavy weight. I'm sure adding that new extended battery will add some heft.....

screen is awesome, not sure why people keep bringing it up (in general). the only review that even mentioned it being fuzzy was I think Giz. everyone else said nothing or commented on how good it is. Quite frankly I don't believe most people have good enough vision or understanding of graphics to really make the judgment either way.

my only complaint from a design stand point is the power button relocation, coming from OG Droid I keep hitting the right side. the battery cover is horrible and feels like it will break while trying to get it off. Once it's on, it's fine, just removing it is a pain. beveled edges are lint traps. and the last thing is the micro usb is flipped compared to an OG droid which just takes getting used too.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had the unlock button in every place possible.... d1 right... dx middle... bionic left..... strangely enough im right handed with literally everything.... but i always unlock my phone with my left and keep it in my left front pocket.... for me its all the same after 2 days of any phone since im such a heavy user im completely use to where ever they put the button

ps.... the galaxy 1 unlock button on the side.... thats a bit absurd lol

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I think the top part where the front camera is looks really weird...
the back is cool though.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the look and feel, but the chin looks very cheap with the shiny plastic.

It just wasn't needed, they could have made that part any shade of black and prevented that problem.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Well if the original poster hates the phone so much then just why the hell did you buy it? The ignorance of some people in this new world never fails to astound me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

If you open your eyes and read you will see why i bought it, maybe if your reading now i will state again. The reason i got it is because i hate my charge, and i need a new phone with more ram and which runs smoother, and as i stated the bionic runs great and i love that about it, even though i hate the look functionality of it is a need for me. Thanks for all those with their input i guess everyone likes it lol maybe just a bitter taste i got. But most people dont realize im not just a little kid which is buying his first droid, ive been dealing with all these droids and the prototypes for years and im the guy who usually takes them apart and modify's them.

Also for the person who mentioned the LED indicator is too dim, im actually planning on taking it apart soon and working on some modifications with it, keep an eye open for a thread ill post if im able to do what i think can be done :)