How to Deodex Droid 2 GB, no wipe required.

barfight

Reaction score
I just restored back to my odexed version. Didn't see any benefits for having it deodexed anyway. I'll wait until there's a version that doesn't mess up my Tweetdeck.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I want to to go back as well. Only deodexed to be ready for some themes but not worth it if I can't use tweetdeck. Can I just flash the original rooted gb file that's on my sd card via clockwork with out wiping or anything like that

craig7220

Reaction score
Yes you should wipe. Alot less bootloops that way when

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Better off wiping and avoiding random force closes, bootloops, battery life decrease ect. And avoiding SBF and blah blah.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah if you didn't make a backup like I did you should probably wipe. If you did the backup just do a restore and you should be good. It worked perfectly for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

fishaholic

Reaction score
FWI if you wipe wigth the deodexed rom then your screwed and have to SBF!!! i KNOW ITS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE! :(

tb110895

Reaction score
I tried to flash the .zip from mydroidworld and I bootlooped no matter what. Wipes and everything so I had to sbf and I'm back on the odexed version

fishaholic

Reaction score
I tried to flash the .zip from mydroidworld and I bootlooped no matter what. Wipes and everything so I had to sbf and I'm back on the odexed version

if you go from
1. sbf 2.3.20
2. flash gb rooted
3. flash gb deodex

dont wipe after step 2 and you will be fine, ive done it 3 times but have to sbf after failed theme attempts :(

barfight

Reaction score
FWI if you wipe wigth the deodexed rom then your screwed and have to SBF!!! i KNOW ITS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE! :(

Yup. Learned the hard way....first time ever flashing anything from computer and it was an intense experience for me. Might just go back to apex. I loved apex. I miss apex :)