- Oct 6, 2011
- Reaction score
One of the new features in LP is the Card Stack Recents. This style element is really nice and allows you to easily see the apps you currently have open and allows you to easily swipe them away when you are finished. With a simple mod you can actually have the same LP Card Stack Recents on Kit Kat. You will need the following apps (SystemUI.apk, APKtool, a text editor). The method for changing this in Kit Kat is as follows.
1. Decompile the SystemUI.apk using the apktool
2. Go To The Res/layout folder
3. Open Status_bar_Recent_panel_item.xml
4. in line no. 2 add the code android:rotationX="-10.0"
5. Save it
6. Open status_bar_recent_panel.xml
7. in line no. 2 add the code android:rotationX="10.0"
8. Save it
9. Recompile and push meta inf and androidmanifest.xml of your original apk to the new one
10. push it and then set permissions to rw-r-r
As always remember that modding your device in anyway could potentially render it a brick. So be careful.