How many people actually use a screen protector?

Zamboniguy420

Reaction score
Do you actually use a screen protector or do you have full faith in the gorilla glass?

For those that do use them, is there some better then others? Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

themistah

Reaction score
I have used them all the time..... I'm currently using zagg on my bionic I like it alot.... You can get them well priced online for around $10....or get the 5 for 5$ on Ebay they work well also and if you do it right you can't even tell its there till you look closer.......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I prefer to have a screen protector on my device. No matter how much the Gorilla Glass is advertised as scratch resistant, it's not. I know that first hand. Especially on my D1 and D2.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never used a screen protector. My OG is two years old and not a scratch. My DX is one year old and is in the same condition I bought it in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have used them all the time..... I'm currently using zagg on my bionic I like it alot.... You can get them well priced online for around $10....or get the 5 for 5$ on Ebay they work well also and if you do it right you can't even tell its there till you look closer.......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Ditto!

Ssilk

Reaction score
I can't wait to get my otterbox defender case. I have dropped my X2 with gorilla glass once and already have a scratch on my screen. It may be shatter resistant, but it still scratches...cover it up.

X2 superclocked beast

ddfuji

Reaction score
I prefer to have a screen protector on my device. No matter how much the Gorilla Glass is advertised as scratch resistant, it's not. I know that first hand. Especially on my D1 and D2.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

I'm probably gonna bet that gorilla glass has changed and improved since the d1 and d2 were release.

I don't use screen protectors. Hate the look and feel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm probably gonna bet that gorilla glass has changed and improved since the d1 and d2 were release.

I would tend to agree with you, however my wife didn't have a screen protector on her's and she's got two VERY small scratches, about a couple millimeters long on her screen now. Mine is pristine and I put ZAGG protectors on both to preserve the glass even more. I don't particularly like the feel, but after while it actually becomes less "grippy" and the finger moves more freely across it.

cleevis

Reaction score
Depends on how carefully you are. I had an iPhone for a year without one,, an HTC incredible for a year and a half without one. Pristine... now I'm thinking about getting one for my gnex. Lol

jdroid80

Reaction score
I usually don't use screen protectors, but I'm using one right now (for now at least).

I'm liking the ones they sell at Verizon stores that come with 3 per pack. I like it more than ghost armor because they're kind of hard like the glass itself and are also pretty scratch resistant.

SallyC

Reaction score
Gorilla Glass isn't much protection from sand, from what I've read, and I live by Lake Michigan so there's lots of sand creeping into pockets or on furnishings.

Even so, I think I'd probably still use one. My Steinheil Ultra Fine removes glare and is fingerprint resistant so I actually prefer it to a naked screen.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes that's correct. Sand will scratch gorilla glass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

azdrifter

Reaction score
I have never used screen protectors I have had the HTC Incredible,DroidX2 and now Bionic and none have a screen protector. I am very rough with my phones have dropped them more then several times and my poor INC was dropped from a 12 ft. ladder one day at work, fell and came apart still worked fine and no scratches.
I think the gorilla glass holds it's own against scratches and if you are really wanting to have your phone in pristine condition then I would definitely keep it protected with a screen protector and a Good case

walt1909

Reaction score
The salesman at the Verizon store recommended that I use a screen protector. It's better to use protection.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score

Cars have gotten safer over the years, but folks still die in accidents.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.