Screen protector or not?

Skydog

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if any Xoom owners are using a screen protector. I have always used high-quality protectors on my phones, DSLRs and other devices but I cannot imagine covering this gorgeous, Gorilla Glass display with a protector. Yuk.

Sales people at VZW are offering them @ $24.99!! (There better be more than one in the box!)

I vote no. You?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

dchawk82

Reaction score
Absolutely! I can't even imagine not protecting this screen. And there are 3 in the packages verizon sells.

OP
Skydog

Skydog

Reaction score
Absolutely! I can't even imagine not protecting this screen. And there are 3 in the packages verizon sells.

But the beauty of the Gorilla Glass is its durability. Is the protector the same or clearer than the protective covering that was on it out of the box? Are there bubbles?

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if any Xoom owners are using a screen protector. I have always used high-quality protectors on my phones, DSLRs and other devices but I cannot imagine covering this gorgeous, Gorilla Glass display with a protector. Yuk.

Sales people at VZW are offering them @ $24.99!! (There better be more than one in the box!)

I vote no. You?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

Gorilla glass does scratch and quite easily. I have scratched gorilla glass by just carrying it in my pocket with headphones. But if you take care of it and don't put the screen near anything pointy, you will be fine

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

calfly

Reaction score
Purchase the 3 pack form Big Red you can't go wrong with its saved me a ton.

Sent from my DROIDX

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have to go with the screen protector, if nothing else so it retains it's resale value -

Jordan8

Reaction score
I've usually used them on my phone to help with finger prints(SGP Anti-fingerprints lol). Don't think id bother if you're just worried about scratching the screen though. It's not like you'll be carrying it around in your pocket with keys & such ;)

Dan_08

Reaction score
Gorilla glass does scratch and quite easily. I have scratched gorilla glass by just carrying it in my pocket with headphones. But if you take care of it and don't put the screen near anything pointy, you will be fine

The whole selling point behind gorilla glass is its scratch resistant. I keep my droid in my pocket, let my two my two year old play with it, droped it and never got a scratch on the screen. Those must be some diamond tipped ear phones.lol
[video=youtube;H4qJHNIiXow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4qJHNIiXow&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Last edited:

dchawk82

Reaction score

But the beauty of the Gorilla Glass is its durability. Is the protector the same or clearer than the protective covering that was on it out of the box? Are there bubbles?

I have one little bubble I can't get out, but it's right at the corner be the verizon logo so it's no big deal. I'm not sure why, but it was the easiest protector I've ever put on. As far as it being clear... I don't even notice it.

tessa25

Reaction score
The screen gets visibly smudged in minutes of use. Didn't want to be constantly cleaning it. So I got PPC Techs Writeshield anti glare. Don't notice the smudges anymore. Also I don't treat tablets like glass. I treat them like a book. And I don't worry about putting things on top of books when carrying them. I've never had to replace a Writeshield screen protector so I'm sticking with them. It has to be cut to size though. Used a paper cutter.

OP
Skydog

Skydog

Reaction score

I have one little bubble I can't get out, but it's right at the corner be the verizon logo so it's no big deal. I'm not sure why, but it was the easiest protector I've ever put on. As far as it being clear... I don't even notice it.

Thank you very much for the information -- I'll give them a try. :)

kingsway8605

Reaction score

The whole selling point behind gorilla glass is its scratch resistant. I keep my droid in my pocket, let my two my two year old play with it, droped it and never got a scratch on the screen. Those must be some diamond tipped ear phones.lol
[video=youtube;H4qJHNIiXow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4qJHNIiXow&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

If you have carried it in your pocket with anything else, if you look closely there are probably scratches. Usually small and subtle.

Tinninches

Reaction score
Have to go with the screen protector, if nothing else so it retains it's resale value -

^^^This. Nothing devalues these electronics more than a damaged (regardless of how little) screen/glass.