How long will it take before something better is out?

ajb3985

Reaction score
I think the question would be is to define better. Better specs? Less problems than some of these other 4g phones have? I just want a phone that works flawless out of the box and not dependent on an update to fix issues that shouldnt have been in the first place. Im sure mostly everyone would agree...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the question would be is to define better. Better specs? Less problems than some of these other 4g phones have? I just want a phone that works flawless out of the box and not dependent on an update to fix issues that shouldnt have been in the first place. Im sure mostly everyone would agree...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

That's probably why it was delayed. I hope it doesn't have any big problems out the box.

And specs don't really matter. It's about performance. It's like how people think more MPs on cameras make the camera....not true.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I don't think the phone even comes with an internal SD card... it has internal memory and Verizon doesn't even put 16gb SD cards in phones anymore it uses 2gb cards.. but like the D3 I don't think it will be coming with one already installed ...

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

I don't see the point in it shipping an sd when my droid3 has 16gb internal already, plus most of us probably already have an sd that we can use. I bet the bionic will the the same, 16gb internal with 32 gb card if needed. I have a 16gb card with 8 gb left, and its only going to be used for music, pics and videos, so that will last me a long time, besides that apps are what take up the most space and the average size of those are like 10mb

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
aramos87

aramos87

Reaction score
I don't see the point in it shipping an sd when my droid3 has 16gb internal already, plus most of us probably already have an sd that we can use. I bet the bionic will the the same, 16gb internal with 32 gb card if needed. I have a 16gb card with 8 gb left, and its only going to be used for music, pics and videos, so that will last me a long time, besides that apps are what take up the most space and the average size of those are like 10mb

Agreed, I don't see a point to it either...someone was just stating that was part of the reason for the price being so high, and I was almost sure it wasn't coming with one... if it does I think that's Verizon just trying to justify the high price of the phone. I understand its 4G and all that but with a $299.99 price plus the taxes that makes it almost $400 for the device with a contract... and correct me if I'm wrong but full retail is only $180 or so more than that... I think the higher price tag is gonna plague this phone the way of did the Xoom.. I know I'll be waiting a month or two after its release to see what else comes... and if I do choose the Bionic I'm sure by then the price will be lowered....

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where was all this complaining when the Charge came out??? Either you get the phone or you don't but those phones there are going to come out in a couple of months that are "better" than the Bionic are going to cost just as much.

BTW I would like it shipped with a large SD card. I have a 2gb right now that's full. I like to move pictures and videos from my phone to my computer. So maybe it won't benefit you but there will be those of us who want and will use the SD card that comes with it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
We already know...

It said on the spec sheets that people have posted that it's coming with 16 internal and 16 SD card - read some of the other threads.

As far as $299 for this - I don't find that unreasonable.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Where was all this complaining when the Charge came out??? Either you get the phone or you don't but those phones there are going to come out in a couple of months that are "better" than the Bionic are going to cost just as much.

BTW I would like it shipped with a large SD card. I have a 2gb right now that's full. I like to move pictures and videos from my phone to my computer. So maybe it won't benefit you but there will be those of us who want and will use the SD card that comes with it.

I hate the charge because nothing justifies its 300 price tag

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate the charge because nothing justifies its 300 price tag

Well I didn't hear this much complaining when the Charge came out and it's a single core. I never said the price was justified, it just seems more people are complaining about the Bionic when the Charge is still the same price.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Well I didn't hear this much complaining when the Charge came out and it's a single core. I never said the price was justified, it just seems more people are complaining about the Bionic when the Charge is still the same price.

True, ibut to tell you the truth, I just want a smartphone that I can carry around and not worrying if I have a charger or not, we will laugh back at these days when they have 3000 mah batteries or solar power charged ones

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
True, ibut to tell you the truth, I just want a smartphone that I can carry around and not worrying if I have a charger or not, we will laugh back at these days when they have 3000 mah batteries or solar power charged ones

15 hours with moderate use is what they say. If that's true, I'm sure we'll be fine. There are always ways to save battery. I don't think anyone will need to carry a charger around all day unless they are streaming 4G video or something the entire day.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
15 hours with moderate use is what they say. If that's true, I'm sure we'll be fine. There are always ways to save battery. I don't think anyone will need to carry a charger around all day unless they are streaming 4G video or something the entire day.

Let's see, because no smartphone has been awarded great battery life yet

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
In the end you'll always be waiting for the latest and greatest. You hear of one beastly phone coming out, once its out, an even better one is heard of to release in a month or so. Everytime I have an upgrade i just use it on the latest at that point unless something that really catches my attention is about to come out. For example when I heard of the first LTE phone. I'll get the latest and greatest on my next upgrade next September :)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
In the end you'll always be waiting for the latest and greatest. You hear of one beastly phone coming out, once its out, an even better one is heard of to release in a month or so. Everytime I have an upgrade i just use it on the latest at that point unless something that really catches my attention is about to come out. For example when I heard of the first LTE phone. I'll get the latest and greatest on my next upgrade next September :)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

So true, just like cars, if you buy a brand new 2012 car, you know they're gonna come out with a better one in 2013

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention cars...I just got a 2012 car a few weeks ago...lol. So by the time 2012 actually gets here...it will be old news. Its so new I had problems with the VIN number and trying to get insurance. Keeps showing up as a 1982 car.

Yea....like in the PC cpu world...something better is coming out every time you turn around. Its only a year later and I gotta research which Intel i7 I wanna get all over again. I dont even think the i7 I wanted last year is even still being made...lol

Never thought I would see another industry catch up and compete with the PC hardware market as far as chasing the latest tech.