How do I get rid of this login screen?

ohfire

Reaction score
I have 2.2 on my droid and I use exchange for contacts and calendar, well with this new 2.2, it requires a password or pin each time I turn on the screen on the phone, is there a way to disable this? It is really annoying:icon_evil:

Asperity

Reaction score
As far as I know, you can't as long as you're using exchange. Your exchange server requires it through remote administration.

REMilk

Reaction score
I installed 2.2 about 2 weeks ago. I use exchange for email and calendar and I do not have to logon each time I turn the screen on.

I also use Gmail for personal email, contacts, and calendaring.

Bob

wpbcadmin

Reaction score
Droid 2 Login screen requires password

Microsoft exchange server will overwrite your phone with permission settings if you don't set your phone "screen lock security" settings first. If you haven't already, reset your phone to it's factory default (make sure you have all the downloads and user settings backed up somehow so you can reinstall if needed). When I reset to factory default my "Market Place" apps came back up.
After you go through the startup process and before you set up your corporate sync or reinstall anything, go to settings/location and security settings/security change screen lock. The "None" SHOULD NOT be greyed out and you will be able to tap this and disable the login screen password/pin. After you have done this, the pin that is required to unlock your phone will not be activate. Now go and set up your corporate sync.
I don't know why this order of things is needed, but would have been nice to have known before I set up the corporate email account. It would have maid things easier.

mmcgowan

Reaction score
I installed 2.2 about 2 weeks ago. I use exchange for email and calendar and I do not have to logon each time I turn the screen on.

Bob
This is all a bunch of Bu** Sh*t. If your using a corp sync as an admin, with version 2.2 on Droid X, there is no way you just get to log in with no security scheme. Tell the truth and stop ruining this post with false comments. If there is someone who has something intelligent to say....

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Bob
This is all a bunch of Bu** Sh*t. If your using a corp sync as an admin, with version 2.2 on Droid X, there is no way you just get to log in with no security scheme. Tell the truth and stop ruining this post with false comments. If there is someone who has something intelligent to say....

That's not productive either. Keep calm.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

REMilk

Reaction score
Why so vile?

Bob

I am not sure why you are acting vile towards me. I have no problems with corp mail. I signed in once, my ID and password are saved, and I automatically sync my corp email and calendar. No problems!

R

RETG

Bob

You should stop ruining this post with innuendos that are unproven. You call someone a liar and unintelligent, without any proof. We all know these phones aren't perfect...and people can do something on one phone that others cannot do on their phone. There maybe a fault with the phone or there actually might be a way around this sign in requirement.

If this is the type of attitude on this forum, it will prevent people from asking questions and making statements. Which in turn will prevent others from learning and send us to another forum for answers.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Respect is Number 1 on this Forum if you don't have something productive to say that pertains to the topic then refrain from posting a response - this is the only warning

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

akasoldats

Reaction score

We had this problem at work but with iPhone's and Palm Pre's. Unfortunately even after disconnecting the phone from the exchange server the pin/login screen stayed until the phone was reset to its original factory state. Its a pain...

joebucket

Reaction score
Microsoft exchange server will overwrite your phone with permission settings if you don't set your phone "screen lock security" settings first. If you haven't already, reset your phone to it's factory default (make sure you have all the downloads and user settings backed up somehow so you can reinstall if needed). When I reset to factory default my "Market Place" apps came back up.
After you go through the startup process and before you set up your corporate sync or reinstall anything, go to settings/location and security settings/security change screen lock. The "None" SHOULD NOT be greyed out and you will be able to tap this and disable the login screen password/pin. After you have done this, the pin that is required to unlock your phone will not be activate. Now go and set up your corporate sync.
I don't know why this order of things is needed, but would have been nice to have known before I set up the corporate email account. It would have maid things easier.
Worked like a charm. I followed wpbcadmin's instructions, but instead of starting with a reset, I deleted the exchange account. The I followed the rest of the instructions and finished up by re-adding the exchange account. No more PIN screen. Thanks for the help!

Leftyswinger

Reaction score

LIES!!!!!!!!!!! DOES NOT WORK. I just did it--twice. Hard reset it, did as you said, and I after I setup Exchange, I STILL have to enter this stupid password. What a freaking joke and waste of .5 seconds.