Hotmail email setup problem

eurosteve

Reaction score
HELP!
I'm trying to setup Hotmail. I've checked my settings and they appear to be correct. When I initially set it up yesterday, the Droid did one download of about 30 messages. Since then I've been getting the spinning wheel followed by "Sorry! The application email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." And there is a button - "Force Close"

At one point while re-entering the incoming settings - the system was "Checking incoming server settings" and returned a message "unable to open connection to server" and it gave me the option to "edit details"

Any help with this greatly appreciated!

Thanks

danhur

Reaction score
WIsh I could help better but I must WARN you.

I was having the same problem. I believe we are too early, Although Google has been faithful to fully support gmail this is NOT the case with Microsoft and Hotmail and Outlook. BE careful.

I read a posting in the forum saying dont use pop to have a mail box for other email accounts but use gmail on your computer to get the email from another system and label it correctly so you know where it comes from. then gmail will sync with the droid and you will be good to go.

Sounds good in practice but if you are like me you have outlook on your computer setup to store different email accounts. and probably one of them uses Outlook connector to use your hotmail account. If you use Gmail to handle your POP accounts like hotmail, and use outlook on your computer with an account for both Hotmail and GMail you will have a huge hit on your email inbox as it doubles all your email.

So..........

If you use Outlook on your computer and you want the immediate email sync for your phone then delete your hotmail account from your outlook and setup the rules and alerts in outlook to put mail sent to your hotmail account in a folder of your choice and mail from google in another folder.

Arghhhhhhh.
Dan

Last edited: