How can I leave emails on POP server?

tbarcia

Reaction score
Hello,

I've had my Droid X for about a week and have been trying to figure out how to have my POP email account setup and also leave messages on the server. There's no setting anywhere that I can find to leave messages on the server and it's set to never delete messages.

Any help on how to keep new incoming emails on the server is greatly appreciated. I'm really enjoying the phone except for this one quirk that I never had with my Blackberry.

Thanks.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use k9 from the market. It leaves messages on my pop server. There is an option to delete from the server when you delete it on the phone.

Booch_21

Reaction score
If you want to use the stock e-mail, you could switch the settings to IMAP. Then what is on your phone is what is on the server. If you delete e-mails, you may have to delete from the deleted/trash folder as you go, even though they are deleted on the server. There are quirks, but it works. My e-mail service is a little different than most.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the droid x...there's one arriving soon...but on the droid the stock email app has at least 2 big bugs that make it basically unusable. The bugs are that pop randomly stops polling requiring restart and it encodes in base 64 which shows up as gibberish in some email clients. K9 rules on droid.