New email account setup won't connect to server

OP
J

jpsned

Reaction score
One more issue--albeit minor--has come up with my email. Now, whenever I receive a new email, I get two separate notifications: one from Outlook, and one from my phone's email.

Is there any way to correct this so I don't get two notifications for each email?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you still have the Outlook app installed you can either uninstall it...or go into the Settings (three dots) Sync > Frequency and select Manual.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OP
J

jpsned

Reaction score
sajokaz, when I go to Settings, I choose Accounts & Sync > Manage accounts. I then am shown my MS Exchange account and my Outlook account (as well as a few other). But I don't see any choice for Frequency and selecting Manual.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have the Outlook app installed still? Or two instances of your hormonal account in the EMail app? It sounds like you might have entered your Hotmail account twice into the EMail app.

OP
J

jpsned

Reaction score
Do you have the Outlook app installed still? Or two instances of your hormonal account in the EMail app? It sounds like you might have entered your Hotmail account twice into the EMail app.

When I look under "Accounts & sync," I see Microsoft Exchange (containing my hotmail address), and Outlook (also containing my hotmail address).

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When I look under "Accounts & sync," I see Microsoft Exchange (containing my hotmail address), and Outlook (also containing my hotmail address).
Does it look similar to this? The Outlook.com with a blue & white symbol?
2u9a5aje.jpg

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
If you have it working with the yellow mail app like you wanted originally, you can remove the blue app.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you go into Settings > Apps do you see Outlook listed there? If so that's why you are receiving 2 notifications for each message. If you want to use the stock EMail app only then tap the Outlook from Settings > Apps and select Uninstall.

OP
J

jpsned

Reaction score
Guys, I had to go into Settings > Manage apps to get the approximate screen that sajokaz shows above. And there I do find the blue Outlook icon.

Just to clarify, I was able to get my normal email back because I installed Outlook. So you're sure that uninstalling Outlook is not going to make me lose my email again?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Were you able to set up your hotmail account in the stock email app? And you said you are receiving notifications from the stock email app...correct? If so uninstalling the Outlook "app" will not affect the phones EMail app...they are two separate apps.

OP
J

jpsned

Reaction score
Sajokas, sounds good, thanks. What if I want to keep the Outlook app and delete the stock email app? Would that work as well?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sajokas, sounds good, thanks. What if I want to keep the Outlook app and delete the stock email app? Would that work as well?
If you like the Outlook app better you can remove the Hotmail account from the stock EMail app. I don't think you can remove the stock EMail app but you can uninstall accounts. On most phones open the account settings (where you entered everything to set it up) and there is normally a Remove Account option.

OP
J

jpsned

Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I figured.

Thanks again to all who helped me with this problem! Nice to know there are so many kind and patient people out there willing to help.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not a problem....this is a great forum with a lot of great people.