Horrible Lag for the Droid

TheMagicalOne00

Reaction score
Up until yesterday, my phone has been working great. I haven't installed any new apps, nor modified the phone in any way. Yet, for the past two days, it has had the most horrible lag. This includes a laggy browser, notification and app bar, and the contact list. It doesn't have the smooth fluid movement. Anyone else experience this problem and found a solution?

Something has had to change...

try a restart? sometimes the phone just needs a power down.

i've got nothing to hide. I honestly haven't installed/changed anything. Might you guys have any suggestions on an app or how to asses my phone to see if there may be an issue i am not aware of? Let me add the battery has also been running out crazy fast as soon as this started happening. Charged all night, and as of 5:00pm today, it was in the red. I have no clue where to start.......

this lag is so horrible i knew i wasnt imagining. its almost unbearable. I tried restarting the phone numerous times. I've had to force close many programs due to this lag. Im barely taking up any of the gig card either, like 2 gigs. Not sure if that would even have anything to do with it....

i've got nothing to hide. I honestly haven't installed/changed anything. Might you guys have any suggestions on an app or how to asses my phone to see if there may be an issue i am not aware of? Let me add the battery has also been running out crazy fast as soon as this started happening. Charged all night, and as of 5:00pm today, it was in the red. I have no clue where to start.......

what are you running? any home replacements? if so uninstall in my opinion. also maybe you updated something in the market (even by accident maybe).

If you have any antivirus app, uninstall that RIGHT AWAY.

My first stop would be Settings: About Phone: Battery Use and see what's sucking your power.

My first stop would be Settings: About Phone: Battery Use and see what's sucking your power.

Did it, and it says "Android OS" is using 42% and "Android System" comes in second at 35%. And i do have an antivirus app, using 17%. I know how to uninstall the antivirus app, but what about the other two?

You don't want to uninstall those two ;) Kill the AV and see how much that helps.

alright, ill give it a try. Thanks you guys.

P.S. just wanted to say how much i love this forum. The droid community is definitely a helpful and fun one.

Mine seemed to start lagging really bad a couple of days ago. Hadn't installed anything new. I know that a couple of apps updated over the weekend, and I attributed it to that. But this is really bad, battery issue as well. It even locked up and shut off by itself (which never happened before). I saw it posted on another forum (Motorola, I think). There were quite a few posts. It caught my eye at first, but I didn't really think anything of it. Now I see this post... strange. Android system is taking up twice as much as it had been using. I pulled battery and restarted numerous times.

Last edited:
I would also suggest a battery pull. Fixes more weirdness than just restarting.

Just get rid of that antivirus app ASAP. It caused a ton of problems for a lot of droid users.

Back