Horrible battery drain with JB update....

Reaction score
Anybody else experiencing terrible battery drain with stock JB? Any fixes/workarounds?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You know, I turned on battery saver and never had a prob. I can get 3 days standby easily..

alboboy10

Reaction score
My phone has worse battery drain too.

Also for some reason my Gmail isn't sending my email anymore. I tried to pull out the battery and sim but idk... Nothing.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Not had either issue after my phones upgrade to Jelly Bean. The download went fine, the upgrade went fine and at this point the phones noticeably faster. Great upgrade from my stand point.

After another week has past still no battery issues, in fact no issues at all. Great upgrade.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Have you done a factory reset since installing it? While it's not necessary to do one, a factory reset often resolves all kinds of issues after an update, especially a fairly major one like this that jumps from one version of Android to another.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I just don't feel like putting everything back to the way I have it now. Takes hours.

Might have to if it gets bad.

I let it charge once and its better.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just don't feel like putting everything back to the way I have it now. Takes hours.

Might have to if it gets bad.

I let it charge once and its better.

Yeah, no one does. But sometimes it's necessary, especially after an update. It can solve a lot of different problems.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
Yeah, no one does. But sometimes it's necessary, especially after an update. It can solve a lot of different problems.

Well, after I did the factory reset, I can honestly the battery drain is drastically better. As much as we hate to do it, it is sometimes the easiest solution. Now to charge to 100% and drain, and repeat!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Mine is good today. I had this issue before too though where my screen became unresponsive...it's hardware though I think. But phone is back to good again

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Been though several phones, I have to say the GSII has the best battery life. Been on 4 days now standby, used it to play music, nephew played games... and it charges incredibly quick.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I have to say JB seems to have improved standby time a good bit. However screen time is pretty much the same. Not saying that's a bad thing...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hel Im still trying to get Flash to work. I got Flash settings downloaded.. Whenever I wanna watch a flash video it says "BublnUp" or "Browser" ,,, I must be missing something..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Got it to somewhat work. Uninstalled BnBup or whatever, then when i want to see a flash site I get the "Video Player" or "Browser". Video player plays the video. But still no background flash.

kyle10

Reaction score
For y'all experiencing battery drain. Give it a few days to settle in. Many times when you first upgrade it needs to get used to everything. Just as when you flash a new rom. The first few times aren't good on battery. But it should settle in if you give it some time.