Horrible battery drain with JB update....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
For y'all experiencing battery drain. Give it a few days to settle in. Many times when you first upgrade it needs to get used to everything. Just as when you flash a new rom. The first few times aren't good on battery. But it should settle in if you give it some time.

Good advice.. also may suggest turning on battery saver, I haven't noticed any difference in performance since I did, other then longer battery life. l, and as Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing.." :)

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Weird issue I'm having...

I'm trying to delete a page on my home screen and whenever I drag my page to the delete button it says touch wiz crashed and it doesn't delete anything.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
HAD TO do the Factory rest today :icon_ cry:

as i had to rechard my SG3 TWICE today
and THAT is not normal

So... working on re-ADDING my 200+ apps

awww well... i will think of it.. like i moved... :happy3:

Scott0719

Reaction score
I feel like there is a slight difference in battery life as well. When I go into see what is using battery the screen is number one and way higher than it used to be. I have power saver on and brightness on auto. Is there any reason why it would be like this? I Remember the same thing when my droid razr upgraded to ics.

Is this normal and I didn't realize it? I swear it was usually around 30.

View attachment 59219

rontot

Reaction score
I also had a horrible battery drain, but a factory reset did the trick. All well now.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Scott that's definitely more than normal.

And after having used it for a few days now, I'll say that I too have noticed an increase in battery use. Not quite as dramatic as some of yours, but it's definitely not as good as before. Also the "Android System" battery burner is back again after finally being fixed in ICS.

:angry:

kyle10

Reaction score
If y'all are into ROMs I suggest y'all try clean ROM 5.5.1. Uses the new jb base and he has tweaks in it. And the bloat ware is removed.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Each day my battery life has gotten worse. I think I miss ICS. :(

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Each day my battery life has gotten worse. I think I miss ICS. :(

I don't understand why. I get easily 3-4 days standby. If you don't have Battery Saver checked, turn it on. You won't notice any difference in performance.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
All I know is I'm using it the exact same way and it's draining twice as fast. Will probably try a FDR tomorrow. The way I see it, I shouldn't have to use battery saver unless I need to.

Edit: oh and I have tried it in the past, and after 50% the cpu really slows down during games.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea but Jelly Bean changes the whole pic. I would try the battery saver before a FDR, you got nothing to lose, and you may be surprised..

mghokie7

Reaction score
I have noticed that the phone has more wake locks now after the jelly bean update, and google maps is using a lot of the battery while sleeping. I have google now enabled, so maybe that is the cause for the additional wake locks. Overall, I would say the battery life is slightly less than it was on ICS.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yea but Jelly Bean changes the whole pic. I would try the battery saver before a FDR, you got nothing to lose, and you may be surprised..

I'm not doubting it saves battery, but the fact is I never had to use it. Ever. Because battery life was great. So I shouldn't have to use something I know I shouldn't have to use, especially when the time where I really DO need to conserve battery comes up. Then I'm SOL. I'll definitely be resetting after I back up.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I jusy did a factory reset my battery is back to normal

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

nmtuna

Reaction score
I don't understand why. I get easily 3-4 days standby. If you don't have Battery Saver checked, turn it on. You won't notice any difference in performance.

When you say 3 to 4 days standby.... is your phone just sitting there because before this update I would get from 6 am to midnight, which works for me, but I really text mostly and check emails with maybe 1 half hour call a day.