battery draining fast

funken_a

Reaction score
My battery seems to drain faster then I would like. Not devastating, but using the phone heavily for 5-10 minutes drains the battery 2-3% easily

I have power save on, wi-fi off, GPS off, screen set to auto, and juice defender free version enabled

I am probably over reacting as my battery says 4 hours and 30 minutes of usage and I am down to 89%. I did about 5-10 minutes of messing around this morning, and a few checks for about a minute or less. So the use was very light IMO.

I have 45% stand-by usage and 30% screen usage, 8% Android OS, 5% device Idle, 4% Android System, and a few other minor usages like according to battery stats

my last phone was the original droid. But that phone would last a whole day easily. Although Angry Birds for an hour would drain the Droid much faster. Haven't even tried that on this Galaxy S3 yet. On the Galaxy I have only done minor surfing and app browsing. Mostly I'm doing phone clean up and setup stuff to get it the way I like it.

thisiswang

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus batteries will NOT work in the S3. They aren't the same physical size.

the GSM nexus battery will fit but will you guys be using the phone without a back cover because the extended def will not fit the current back

funken_a

Reaction score
My battery seems to drain faster then I would like. Not devastating, but using the phone heavily for 5-10 minutes drains the battery 2-3% easily

I have power save on, wi-fi off, GPS off, screen set to auto, and juice defender free version enabled

I am probably over reacting as my battery says 4 hours and 30 minutes of usage and I am down to 89%. I did about 5-10 minutes of messing around this morning, and a few checks for about a minute or less. So the use was very light IMO.

I have 45% stand-by usage and 30% screen usage, 8% Android OS, 5% device Idle, 4% Android System, and a few other minor usages like according to battery stats

my last phone was the original droid. But that phone would last a whole day easily. Although Angry Birds for an hour would drain the Droid much faster. Haven't even tried that on this Galaxy S3 yet. On the Galaxy I have only done minor surfing and app browsing. Mostly I'm doing phone clean up and setup stuff to get it the way I like it.

My battery seems to be fine.. Now at 6 hrs 16m and I'm only at 86%... With light to light moderate usage.

I'll have to see what this thing can do if I ever decide to stream a long video.

DroooiiidX

Reaction score

I am noticing this too, my battery seems to drain a lot with very short periods of use.

I am kind of sick of the dim screen at this point too, I think I might just turn it up to full throttle and count on charging frequently.

OP
zacedward

zacedward

Reaction score
This is what I am getting in medium use with no power saving screen at brightness 100% no power savings

ForumRunner_20120712_170252.png

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My battery is fantastic, screen maxed out, from 100-90 takes almost an hour with continuous usage, it's a beast.

woelda3000

Reaction score
DroooiiidX said:
I am noticing this too, my battery seems to drain a lot with very short periods of use.

I am kind of sick of the dim screen at this point too, I think I might just turn it up to full throttle and count on charging frequently.

I downloaded 2 full length movies today and 15 episodes of a one hour tv show . I was in a 4g covered area . Anyways by the time I was done 2hrs later I was at 40 percent . On top of all the downloaing I was texting and surfing the net .the phone never bogged down once . There's no way I could of done that with my bionic I'm impressed with this monster.

tdperry

Reaction score
My battery is fantastic, screen maxed out, from 100-90 takes almost an hour with continuous usage, it's a beast.

No, the "beast" is the RAZR MAXX. This phone is acceptable so far, but no where near what the MAXX was. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lowfatdog

Reaction score
No, the "beast" is the RAZR MAXX. This phone is acceptable so far, but no where near what the MAXX was. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed! I have the Maxx, the wifey has the Galaxy S3. There is no comparision in battery life. She seems to like her phone so far...she was using the fascinate before (JUNK!)