home Wifi not working

kmworkman

Reaction score
I'm running on my new Juniper SRX210 (SW 11.4) and my Bionic is working like a champ on my home WiFi network (802.11n). Something in my old router just didn't like the tcp handshake from the Bionic.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
That is good to hear, however I still find it strange that this happens at all. There must be an explanation besides the router is bad, especially when every other device can connect except the phone. I am still convinced that there is a phone software specific issue here.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I had 2 OG droids and a bionic that don't work on my home wifi or my parents home wifi. They did work fine at starbucks and a few other places. My rezound works fine those home wifi's. I think the Motorola devices don't work with certain routers but I can't be more specific than that. They were different Lynksis routers... I hope someone can solve this because my wife uses a bionic and we usually don't get 4G access at home.

Good luck

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I had 2 OG droids and a bionic that don't work on my home wifi or my parents home wifi. They did work fine at starbucks and a few other places. My rezound works fine those home wifi's. I think the Motorola devices don't work with certain routers but I can't be more specific than that. They were different Lynksis routers... I hope someone can solve this because my wife uses a bionic and we usually don't get 4G access at home.

Good luck

Even though a previous poster claims that his problem was his router, I can tell you that my Droid 3 would connect to, but not pass traffic with my Linksys router while using Motorola stock software. After I rooted and installed the ICS rom from Hashcode, it works great. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that it has something to do with software. Since Cisco doesn't come out with a new model and new software every 30 days, my money is on Motorola being to blame.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
Just wanna add my two bits to this thread.

I've noticed 2 things about Wireless routers and this phone.

1. Always make sure the wireless router speed is around 54mbps. Don't use 150mbps or anything higher than wireless g speed, internet access is never usually that fast in the first place.
2. use a Wifi Scanner to make sure the wifi router signal is staying on the cleanest channel.

osphoto

Reaction score
having same issue, phone shows connected with blue bars indicating Wifi signal strength but browser and app store say not connected.