home Wifi not working

Dawn41

Reaction score
5 hours later, still no web access!!! I set up wifi for my home, all connected, wired computer works but I cannot use any apps on the Droid3 that uses internet access. I AM connected to my home wifi on the phone. I've deleted & restored wifi, same.
Works OK on 3G but when I go on my wifi it does say it's connected to my wifi but NOOOO none of the web apps work.
Please reply in simple terms I am not a tech or even close to one.
I'm ready to call Geek Squad :icon_eek: but I feel it's something simple

Willie_gs

Reaction score
Start with the basics:
close all apps and turn wifi off on your phone
Restart phone while you are at it.

Restart router and try again. (unplug from wall and plug it back in after 20 seconds)
give it a minute after re-connecting it

Make sure your internet connection is working with another computer just in case.

Hope it helps or that you got it figured out.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Start with the basics:
close all apps and turn wifi off on your phone
Restart phone while you are at it.

Restart router and try again. (unplug from wall and plug it back in after 20 seconds)
give it a minute after re-connecting it

Make sure your internet connection is working with another computer just in case.

Hope it helps or that you got it figured out.

Yeah at least restart your router. I've had similar problems before

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

rvcjew

Reaction score
did you just buy your droid? if so factroy reset then under google account sign in, uncheck restore wifi settings, then just add them manually its a bug in android 2.3.4 . EDIT also restart your router first as mentioned.

JRParsons

Reaction score
You may have something interfering with your wifi signal. I have a Samsung wireless surround sound system that interferes with my wifi, both my laptop and my phone will not work on WiFi in that room. They show connected, with strong signal, but there is no access to the Internet.
This drove me crazy until I figured it out.
I believe wireless home phones can also interfere, and possibly microwaves. My microwave screws up my bluetooth while I am using it if I am in the kitchen.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem? I've got a D1, running CM7.1.0 or something like that. I've tried restarting the router (we actually have our entire wireless setup on a power strip so we don't have to unplug everything, we just flip a switch) and I've restarted my phone and toggled wifi, but nothing seems to work. I've noticed that on CM7.1.0 that there's an internet connection indicator, when the Wifi/3G and signal bars are white, you have no internet, and when they're green, you have internet. I have wifi, but the wifi and signal bars are white. To answer anybody's question about this, yes, I do have internet on my computers. That's where I'm at right now. But the school I go to, they have wifi routers in every pod for teacher and student access, and I'm connected to the wifi there and I get internet there. My entire family has a smartphone (except for my sister with an iCrap 4) and they all get internet from their phones. I have no clue what I'm doing, and I can't mess around with the router settings a whole lot. My father is paranoid about his wifi, and has a 26 character password on the wifi, and it needs 2-step confirmation. I'm not even going to bother with messing with the Wi-Fi settings.

Stats:
Motorola Droid 1 (rooted)
Router Security: WEP
Phone's regulatory Domain: 11 channels
Static IP: OFF
Android 2.3.7 (CM7.1.0)
Build #: GWK74 (Former FRG83G/D)
School's Wifi: 802.1x EAP
I can't give you very much details about the home router, don't know much it.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem with my OG Droid with CM7.1. It connects to the wifi but when I download from the market the wifi bars go white and the download stops. Sometimes it completely disconnects and the bars disappear. Once in a while it works for a short period of time. One thing I did that helped at first was to turn off wifi sleeping in advanced wifi settings.

McBowfles

Reaction score
Everyone is overlooking some very basic troubleshooting on this one. If the phone states you are indeed connected, you need to verify this by finding the ip address you are getting. You can do this by going into the list of wireless networks on your phone, and then touch the network it states you are connected to. This will give you some basic connection info. Your IP address should, more than likely, read 192.168.x.x. If you see 169.254.x.x as your IP address you are not connected to your wireless network. (The x's in my examples represent numbers between 0 and 254.) The encryption settings are more than likely wrong IE: WEP or WPA key was not entered correctly. Additionally, mac authentication may be enabled on the router. Judging by your initial description of the issue, I doubt this is the case. My suggestion is to first forget the network by long pressing on the network name, then rebooting your router, and trying to connect to the network again. Also, are there other wireless devices that work on this router?

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
The tips in the previouse post are a great starter but my device does connect intermitantly - it just won't hold the connection very long. I do have several other devices on the network (I've even tried shutting the others off).

Are there no other cm7 settings that could be at play here?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

TierThr33

Reaction score
What brand/model router do you have? When I first setup my Linksys we had very spotty WiFi for a few days. The connection would drop. We could connect but not surf. General browsing issues. I assigned the open DNS in the Linksys and so far have had no problems out of our connection.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I have a linksys wrt160nl. It works fine with my new rezound but I'm working on setting up an og droid for other ppl and I need a wifi connection to finish.

I finished with one device and on the second one I can't connect at all. It just keeps trying to authenticate and then disconnects.

thanks

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
Wifi is also not working on my wifes new bionic. It must be the router but why does the rezound not have this problem?

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Wifi is also not working on my wifes new bionic. It must be the router but why does the rezound not have this problem?

You might need to check your router settings. Look specifically at the number of IP addresses your router is set up to assign and also the duration of that assignment. You may have a situation where you have had enough devices connected to your router that it will not allow any new devices to connect. If you are not familiar with how to log into your router, either reply here or PM me and I will give you a complete walk through.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

danrawls

Reaction score
You might need to check your router settings. Look specifically at the number of IP addresses your router is set up to assign and also the duration of that assignment. You may have a situation where you have had enough devices connected to your router that it will not allow any new devices to connect. If you are not familiar with how to log into your router, either reply here or PM me and I will give you a complete walk through.

I have a droid 3 taht is having wireless connectivity issues. this is not working at our office is not working or office who is an, I called motorola and they helped me reset the router last week, it worked for 1 day and not again.
also, the wireless connection is FAIR TO POOR at my house with this phone and was never that way with my droid LG ally.
please advise,
my email is [email protected]

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I have a droid 3 taht is having wireless connectivity issues. this is not working at our office is not working or office who is an, I called motorola and they helped me reset the router last week, it worked for 1 day and not again.
also, the wireless connection is FAIR TO POOR at my house with this phone and was never that way with my droid LG ally.
please advise,
my email is [email protected]

Please check your email and get back to me.