No internet access with Internet Connection? (WiFi)

Epic

Reaction score
I have a DROID 3 and suddenly today I couldn't connect to the internet using the Phone. It says I'm connected to my WiFi network but I have no access to the internet on any of my apps or web browser on the phone. I know the internet works fine because the other computer has internet and so does mine.

I tried restarting the phone, and I tried taking out the battery for 30 seconds. Not sure what could be causing it. The phone is running on official Android OS, which would be what ever the last OTA update version was. No mods or anything.

I had it for a year, I never had problems with it, just suddenly today.

Thanks

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try rebooting the router.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

JRParsons

Reaction score
Verify that nothing is interfering with the wifi signal. In my house my wireless rear speakers on my surround sound prevent anything from transferring data in that room.
Possible culprits are cordless phones, baby monitors and as I stated wireless speakers.

When mine doesn't work it still shows connected with a strong signal. Good luck.

As a last resort, a factory reset usually fixes anything that isn't hardware related.

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
Verify that nothing is interfering with the wifi signal. In my house my wireless rear speakers on my surround sound prevent anything from transferring data in that room.
Possible culprits are cordless phones, baby monitors and as I stated wireless speakers.

When mine doesn't work it still shows connected with a strong signal. Good luck.

As a last resort, a factory reset usually fixes anything that isn't hardware related.

Well, resetting the router did not fix the issue. If I do a factory reset on my phone with I lose the data on my SD? or internal Storage? I have bunch of Bookmarks saved and bunch of pictures saved that I wouldn't like to lose.

BTW: How stupid of me not to mention that my phone is rooted with One Click root since August last year. I just never do anything with it since I never did learn how to mod and flash roms that I completley forgot about my phone being rooted. I have Super User access to my root and I use Titanium Back Up (Free V)

There also seems to be a couple of second hang time when clicking on an app and the time it takes to respond on my Droid 3. Like on the home page If I click the Email App, it will have the blue hue around it like I just clicked on it but it will take few seconds to respond and actually open or run the app. Any ideas? Just looking for a diagnostic to go of from. Both these issues started last month, never had this problems before.

Thanks

JRParsons

Reaction score
Everything I've read says that the contents of your sd card will not be affected, but whenever I do one I remove the sd card, you may also want to back up your pictures or anything else that is irreplaceable. I believe Google allows you to upload photos to Web albums free, if you need more space than they allot, then you have to pay.

Resetting up your phone is a pain in the xxx, but Verizon will tell you to do it before they replace it anyway. If the factory reset doesn't work then it is most likely a hardware issue and Verizon should replace it.

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
*fixed*

I apolagize for even making the OG post. Turns out that when I changed the SSID name for my Network, It somehow caused my Phone to lose internet functionality even though it showed that it was connected with full signal, to my WiFi.

By the way, I have never activated my DROID 3. I just use it like an iPod, for the WiFi Apps, and for the camera. lol. For the regular cellphone, I'm still using a Samsung Flip Phone from Verizon that its like 4 years old, that's how we save money with the family plan I guess lol.

But Thanks guys! I'm happy It wasn't nothing with hardware related.

shaunaghb624

Reaction score
Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 wifi only

Ive had my tablet about 2 months now and about 4 days ago it turned itself off without reason. I tried to access my facebook, twitter, instagram apps but it would not
connect to the internet even though there was plenty of signal from the wifi router. I can access the internet, ie.google on it but it pops up regularly saying there is a
problem. I can get on to facebook through google but i can not through the app. Also on my instagram i can see newly posted photos but it says there is a connection error but this only applys to instagram. I have low space on my tablet, could this cause the problem? I have around 400mb i think, i wouldnt of thought this would cause a
problem. Strange.:blink: