Loses Internet Connection - Must Reboot

hoss1337

Reaction score
So pretty much every day my Droid X will completley lose its connection to the internet (wifi and on 3G). I'm not sure if that's the right term, but if I try to access any app which requires an internet connection (ebay, engadget, etc) or even the browser, it will sit there and just keep loading as if there is no internet connection.

I have to power my phone off and back on, then once it starts up I get internet connection back. Sort of like having to restart your cable modem and router every once in a while when you all of a sudden don't get an internet connection.

This is pretty much a daily occurrence. Is this typical or is this a settings issue?

techguru

Reaction score
Several of us are seeing this. Quicker fix is to turn airplane mode on then off. Hopefully Moto will have a fix soon (i know they are aware of it now)

Alan

panchonb

Reaction score
Several of us are seeing this. Quicker fix is to turn airplane mode on then off. Hopefully Moto will have a fix soon (i know they are aware of it now)

Alan

This happened to me today. Thanks for the airplane switch suggestion. I will try that if it happens again.

jdltek

Reaction score
+1 thanks for the Airplane Mode tip! I just noticed this happening today for the first time.

pavanut

Reaction score
Anybody else here anything?

I reported this issue to Verizon. They weren't aware of it.. I showed this thread to them as well to show that I wasn't alone.

It's really frustrating to have to change to airplane mode and then back off once or twice a day... shouldn't happen. Doesn't happen on my wife's incredible. I'm thinking of switching to the incredible if this continues.

Are there a lot of people having this issue?

jdrzemala

Reaction score
I'm having this issue daily! Have to reboot or use airplane mode to "recollect". What a pain.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I have my battery save mode as "maximum" so it automatically deactivates and activates the service. After I made the switch, I have increased battery-life and I never ran into that problem again.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)