Wifi wont connect? Phone or router issue

rjracoon

Reaction score
So lately my phone and wifi has been acting up. It refuses to connect to my home wifi network (yes I know the password) and sometimes saves like 3 of the same network? Just wondering if anyone had any ideas so I don't use all my data

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Assuming other things are connecting fine, you could try connecting to some other network with your phone to try to isolate it as the problem. If you haven't restarted things (phone, router) then definitely do that (usually one of the first things to try).

AHiLdesigns

Reaction score
So lately my phone and wifi has been acting up. It refuses to connect to my home wifi network (yes I know the password) and sometimes saves like 3 of the same network? Just wondering if anyone had any ideas so I don't use all my data

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I was having a similar issue for a bit, but it turned out to be my router. I have one that kicks out both a 5.0 and 2.5ghz signal. Turned out the router was pushing both bands at the same time and it was confusing all of my wi-fi devices. Basically they were searching, connecting, immediately disconnecting, rinse and repeat all day. It was so annoying!! I solved it by making separate passwords for each band.

Not sure if that's helpful. if not, at least it's one potential out of the equation!