Home++ Just added Screenshot!

Jason

Reaction score
Hmmm?

Tried It...

Looks like I'll be sticking with GDE, as I find it to be a better-developed/more elegant solution.​
how is it better developed or more elegant? I tried GDE and I don't see how you could say that. Its all about opinions. I like the power strip way more than what GDE does

Pdigg

Reaction score
Pdigg, thanks a ton, worked beautifully. I thought I had the update, but guess not. Loving Home ++ so far, I have to say.

I'm happy to share it, since I sat with my phone for about 2 hours one night trying to figure out how to add more than the 4 screens it loads up with.

I'm liking the app to, but man, tonight my phone seems to be running slow as hell. Lagging like crazy. I don't know what it is. I even had to force close out of the system screen checking what was using the battery the most.

I don't know if I am having a conflict of apps or what, but don't even know where to start to trouble shoot.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Looking at both screens, side-by-side, they're both very well done apps.

I guess my (current) preference for GDE stems from the fact that there are fewer extraneous/redundant icons on the lower part of the screen.

Having A Choice Is Good!​

MagicMiloX

Reaction score
I may as well continue with noob questions, is there a way to customize folder icons with home ++ that anyone knows of?

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm?

Tried It...

Looks like I'll be sticking with GDE, as I find it to be a better-developed/more elegant solution.​
So where's your screenshot of your GDE screen?:icon_ devil:

I guess that I'm just not so easily amused by being able to capture j-pegs of my home screen.

Have Fun​
I bought GDE. I know what it's all about. I also know the developers of Home++ are way ahead in the Home game than GDE. Wow, I was able to make my home screen spin around. I did like the widget to set the applications in that scrolled across the screen. I feel Home++, just like any other application has better things going for it. There were things I liked about Panda too with the side storage areas for icons. GDE and Panda weren't stable and had a lot of FC issues. So, Home++ to me is more stable, very few FC, now has up to 7 Home screens and a screenshot feature and more features on the way. I also think its ingenious how the put the bar at the bottom. No need to have to put that Phone icon cluttering up the screen anymore. I just don't see since I used GDE a lot what it has over Home++. Oh, and I resolved the issue of not being able to store my apps in that widget by using the Apps Organizer...works great.

I was mostly curious why you would post that GDE was more elegant, and better-developed.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at both screens, side-by-side, they're both very well done apps.

I guess my (current) preference for GDE stems from the fact that there are fewer extraneous/redundant icons on the lower part of the screen.

Having A Choice Is Good!​
Just an FYI - you can remove extraneous/redundant icons on the lower bar on the screen. Right now I only have 4 of them.

Choices are good. No argument there!

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may as well continue with noob questions, is there a way to customize folder icons with home ++ that anyone knows of?
Are you talking about the bottom buttons? If so go to Menu/Preferences/Power Strip Preferences and add/remove the ones you want or don't want.

wnrussell

Reaction score
DroidHome.png

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the wallpaper you have there. And, welcome to the droidforums. Sure a lot more activity here than over on HoFo huh? You probably know me by a different screen name over there - CanAm.

Terra

Reaction score
Pdigg, thanks a ton, worked beautifully. I thought I had the update, but guess not. Loving Home ++ so far, I have to say.

I'm happy to share it, since I sat with my phone for about 2 hours one night trying to figure out how to add more than the 4 screens it loads up with.

I'm liking the app to, but man, tonight my phone seems to be running slow as hell. Lagging like crazy. I don't know what it is. I even had to force close out of the system screen checking what was using the battery the most.

I don't know if I am having a conflict of apps or what, but don't even know where to start to trouble shoot.

Hey pdigg,

Two updates ago Home++ was working beautifully for me. It would rarely FC; however, since the last update it FCs practically everytime I switch screens. If I didn't like the app so much I would have uninstalled it, but I decided to stick with it and wait untill the next update, which will, I hope, resolve the issue. That was my plan at least, but then I decided to start toying with it a little and found that I have much better performance and far less FCs with the Safe Mode feature turned OFF. To get to the feature tap menu, preferences, performance, and uncheck the Safe Mode feature only. See if that resolves or at least minimizes your issues; it did for me.