Hi Sirius/XM

cancunman

Reaction score
if you pay the 2.99 a month, cant you just log on to the sirius site with the droid and listen that way?

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Sirius/XM Response email

I emailed Sirius XM yesterday. Quick response, but nothing even close to promising I'm afraid.

"
Thank you for contacting SIRIUS. We are glad to assist!

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us regarding the application that supports Android. Currently the only application that we have for online listening is for iPhoneTM or iPod touch® and Blackberry. However we will be forwarding your concern to the appropriate department for consideration. If we can be of further assistance please feel free to contact us anytime.
"

It took them a long time to come out with Iphone and Blackberry just came out this week so I'm sure we will be waiting.....

Last edited:

rlb

Reaction score
I know the iphone app came out over a year ago....But didn't the blackberry app JUST come out? If so, we're SOL for a while.....

MdicnMan

Reaction score
I know the iphone app came out over a year ago....But didn't the blackberry app JUST come out? If so, we're SOL for a while.....

The BB announcement this week is what inspired me to email them...so yeah, I guess the car radio will have to do for now.

Silver Member
Reaction score
the iphone app wasn't even developed by xm. it was bought out. i doubt xm has the money to even do this.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
the iphone app wasn't even developed by xm. it was bought out. i doubt xm has the money to even do this.

Interesting. I guess that is good news then since there is ALOT more development going on in the Android world. Maybe we won't have to wait that long after all. :icon_ banana:

Silver Member
Reaction score
i've said it 100x before. the problem with xm/sirius is their stream. android doesn't have the codec to support .asf streaming media. if it did, an app would have already been developed. xm needs to either change their stream, or someone has to convert the stream to run on android.

this is the #1 reason why flash will be a better alternative.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
i've said it 100x before. the problem with xm/sirius is their stream. android doesn't have the codec to support .asf streaming media. if it did, an app would have already been developed. xm needs to either change their stream, or someone has to convert the stream to run on android.

this is the #1 reason why flash will be a better alternative.

Understood, but using flash is going to be a lot more resource heavy than building a codec for .asf ..no?

Silver Member
Reaction score
depends. it's yet to be seen either way, so it's all speculation anyway.

Erich_F

Reaction score
I have had XM for a number of years. Suddenly my internet stopped working. I called and they said I would have to pay. No mention of grandfather clause.

Yup, same here. One day I went to log in and listen on the puter...access suspended. So, I went to re-activate and they wanted more money. That's when I hit the ole Alt+F4 keys.

I have a Pioneer Inno that's getting quite old. I see they have a v2 version out now, but of course the car dock is also different :mad: The car dock for the new Pioneer is $80. :mad::mad:

It's hard to say it, but I think the demise of Satellite Radio is immenent. A shame because XM had such promise. Thanks a lot Sirius. Couldn't keep your failing, crappy programming to yourself, just had to ruin it for everyone :mad::mad::mad:

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does xm/sirius charging for internet mean the end?? That's a terrible observation.

The internet was only grandfathered in if you paid for a plan that extended you past the date that they started to charge for it. Your auto renewal is not under contract so grandfathering doesn't apply. If you paid for 1 yr or 5yrs or lifetime, you'd get grandfathered in that way and only for the length of your term.

gawise

Reaction score
I have to be honest and say I'm listening to my Droid in my car as much or more than my built-in XM Radio. Between Slacker, Pandora, and Cherry RPlayer, I get more variety. I enjoy the disc jockeys on Sirius XM but do love the wider variety I can get with other sources of music. If they add an app, I'll use it. If they don't my interest in Sirius XM will continue to decline.

Greg in York, PA