Hi Sirius/XM

rlb

Reaction score
I just want the rumored-to-be-in-beta GrooveShark app- I'll take a program that lets me CHOOSE my song any day.
and that's different than just having a whole bunch of MP3s, how? some of us like to be fed music, there's still some validity to dj driven music.

It's different because you don't have to have a whole bunch of MP3s. And you can have what you want....GrooveShark isn't going to take that away from you.

craptain

Reaction score
Sirius App

I was at Sirius office recently for business and asked there PR about app... says they are working on it.
But what do PR people know.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was at Sirius office recently for business and asked there PR about app... says they are working on it.
But what do PR people know.
i'd have to say that would be pretty sweet, but i'm going to just believe they were blowing smoke up your tail end on that one. i'll believe it when i see it.

normbarb

Reaction score
I wonder how this would work. They seem to charge for everything. Would they require a separate subscription or would you have to pay the internet charge? Norm

Silver Member
Reaction score
the way that it CURRENTLY works (as in with their website and the iphone application), you pay the $2.99/mo for internet access (regardless of source), on top of your yearly subscription.

UNLESS;

you were grandfathered in before they started charging for online access
-or-
you don't have a sat radio, you can just pay the $2.99/mo.

normbarb

Reaction score
I have had XM for a number of years. Suddenly my internet stopped working. I called and they said I would have to pay. No mention of grandfather clause.

noordzy77

Reaction score
the way that it CURRENTLY works (as in with their website and the iphone application), you pay the $2.99/mo for internet access (regardless of source), on top of your yearly subscription.

UNLESS;

-or-

You sure about that? I would imagine if that was the case there would be MANY dropped subscriptions considering the integration of the internet into phones and home theatres recently.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I have Sirius and when they merged it seemed like they tried to blend my favorite stations with the XM equivalent. Both I and my XM friends thought that this didn't work from either side. However, the area I live in has ghastly options for radio stations so I keep listening. :)

SirSyeco

Reaction score
I love Sirius.. but only for Howard Stern. Once he's off the air, I'm not going to renew.

There is too much free streaming online and pretty soon cars stereos will just always link to phones anyway. Not to mention Sirius doesn't sound that great anyway. :(

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I love Sirius.. but only for Howard Stern. Once he's off the air, I'm not going to renew.

I almost quit listening when they merged due to Him....He hasn't been funny in over a decade....All of his shows are just repeats of what he's already done....but I just deleted his channel out of my lineup...

ice456789

Reaction score
The ONLY thing I listen to on Sirius is NFL radio. Movin the Chains (M-F 3:00) is the greatest football show ever. Only problem is that I'm not available to listen from 3-7 most days. I used to record it using replay AV, but now they want me to buy an upgrade.

Long story short, I'd love for an app to have record and playback later functionality. Just for the talk, not the music. For music Pandora > Sirius.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had XM for a number of years. Suddenly my internet stopped working. I called and they said I would have to pay. No mention of grandfather clause.

if you're paying month to month, you're not grandfathered. you pretty much renew your subscription each month as you're not in a contract. if you paid lifetime, 5yr or 1yr, you'd be grandfathered in for that time period.

UNLESS;

-or-

You sure about that? I would imagine if that was the case there would be MANY dropped subscriptions considering the integration of the internet into phones and home theatres recently.
i'm 100% positive of that. i paid for my one year subscription last year and still have free internet access. next year, i'll have to pay for internet.

Seawolf

Reaction score
I would imagine a sirius app working much like Pandora where it streams via internet radio. If you have a Sirius/XM account then you have streaming access via the web at no extra cost anyway.