Here's how I ruined my first Droid

OP
L

lkdrifter

Reaction score
I tore my invsa by dropping a wire stripper into my bag with a soft underhand toss from one foot away. My so called "take a box cutter to the protector" tore from a blunt end of a tool. Jokers. Than they hold you $20 until you return the damaged one. But hey, my screen if flawless. Without it I know it would look like sh**!

I want some more embarassing broken droid strories, so I don't feel like such a dipsh**. Hahahah!

OP
L

lkdrifter

Reaction score
+2 for VZW Screen Protector.....Applied first time and you can't even tell its on the unit.. I do have an extra if ANYONE wants it....:motdroidhoriz:

Ive used a Zagg invisishield with everyone one of my mobile devices and never looked back. When I pull them off after long months of wear and tear, the screen is as good as new. And Im a drunk fool who is HARD on phones.

I am a drunk fool as well, hahahaha. And hard on phones. Now that alittle mosture in my speaker f'ed my nice phone, I'm worried what will happen when one a my friends or I drop it in a 32ozer, or when it falls in the sewer as I'm puking down a storm drain...

bigthinker

Reaction score
I tore my invsa by dropping a wire stripper into my bag with a soft underhand toss from one foot away. My so called "take a box cutter to the protector" tore from a blunt end of a tool. Jokers. Than they hold you $20 until you return the damaged one. But hey, my screen if flawless. Without it I know it would look like sh**!

I want some more embarassing broken droid strories, so I don't feel like such a dipsh**. Hahahah!
Hey LK....Make sure you soft toss that Klien wire stripper into a differerent part of the bag or keep phone seperate somehow....Tools can be a bear on the mothership! :motdroidhoriz:

OP
L

lkdrifter

Reaction score
Hahahahah, no doubt. Already taken it into conseration. Your right on the klein too. Haha.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, is this thread about using screen protectors or not?

Since I have little ones, baby wipes are always close at hand. Perfect, not too much moisture but enough to get done what needs to be done.

OP
L

lkdrifter

Reaction score

Since I have little ones, baby wipes are always close at hand. Perfect, not too much moisture but enough to get done what needs to be done.

Sorry got a little off topic, If youve wrecked you Droid, post it here and how you did it.

deputc26

Reaction score

Sorry got a little off topic, If youve wrecked you Droid, post it here and how you did it.

If enough people do this it could actually prove to be a useful tool for Motorola to make droid more bomb proof.

modified

Reaction score
I had a completely different experience with the InvisibleShield, both with my iPod and Droid.

I have installed the InvisibleShield over 20 times on iPods, and twice on the Droid, and always pour excess amounts of liquid because it helps me align the protective cover. Not once did anything happen to my units, and some liquid DID get into the holes.

I guess it's a matter of luck?

lmapp

Reaction score
You guys must walk around with diamonds in your pockets! I've never used or needed screen protectors on my ipod or my Droid.

I probably just screwed myself...

agdaniels

Reaction score
Screen protectors....

[video=youtube;H4qJHNIiXow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4qJHNIiXow&feature=related[/video]

Definitely need one.

lol.

polack

Reaction score
Ok. Here's a tip if your installing a screen protector. Take some paper toweling and roll a small piece up and place it into the speaker hole. any excess moisture will catch there instead of down in the unit. don't blame zagg.

jcrain712

Reaction score
I did not use water on my screen protector and my phone did not get ruined. You sure you need to use water? sounds like a bad idea

nyijedi

Reaction score
I did not use water on my screen protector and my phone did not get ruined. You sure you need to use water? sounds like a bad idea

There are two kinds of screen protectors. The hard plastic ones (i.e., the VZW ones) do not require liquid. The soft plastic ones (e.g., Zagg Invisibleshield, Bodyguardz, etc.) require liquid to be applied - they actually come with it.