Help with New Droid

wickedgrip

Reaction score
hey guys, yesterday I met up with a guy from Craigslist to buy he's droid, My friend wanted one but her contract upgrade is not due for a while so I looked on craigslist for a used one, the droid is in Mint condition, but when he turned it on it was on the screen where you have to call verizon to activate it, so we did and verizon said that the seller who is the owner must call and authorize us to connect it, so I called him yesterday and today like 15 times and he's not responding, what can I do now?

Zahoor

Reaction score
Honestly if he's avoiding u I would think he stole it from somebody..ur best shot is to keep trying..goodluck man :)

Juggernaut

Reaction score
It's probably on the lost/stolen list if VZ is saying that. I had the same issue with one I purchased through a mutual friend. It doesn't bother me as I'm only out $20 on that one. I can only use it with WIFI or if I want cell service I can pay to have it flashed to another carrier like Cricket or MetroPCS. I ended up buying another on craigslist but made the guy wait until I had it activated before I gave the cash. Hope the best for you.

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
when we called verizon they said the phone was not reported as stolen, so the record should be clean, anyways Im hoping I can connect it, but it seems harder to every hour, thanks for the replies so far

Juggernaut

Reaction score
when we called verizon they said the phone was not reported as stolen, so the record should be clean, anyways Im hoping I can connect it, but it seems harder to every hour, thanks for the replies so far

That's the mistake I made at first too. I called VZ to verify if the esn was clean and in fact they said it was BUT when I bought the phone and called back to activate on my account they told me I couldn't.

Essentially they told me the phone was able to be activated but only on the original account as it was on the lost/stolen list or I could contact the account owner, which I didn't know, and have them release the phone to be activated on another account. I wasn't happy.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i know its too late for something like this but the best way to buy a Verizon phone is to have the seller meet you at the Verizon store.

if they wont meet you at a Verizon store you know its not legitimate.

OP
W

wickedgrip

Reaction score
i know its too late for something like this but the best way to buy a Verizon phone is to have the seller meet you at the Verizon store.

if they wont meet you at a Verizon store you know its not legitimate.

this is true