Help with Liberty

BMcAllister

Reaction score
I bootstrapped Liberty today. Looked great but I really didn't have time to go through it since I had the two kids and also the server was slow for the themes, soooo I restored to my Apex after making a copy and went on with my day. Later my phone rebooted it's self after nothing different than I've been doing all day and all I get is the Liberty boot screen and nothing else. I have pulled battery and sd card and booted that way but still Liberty. I can get into bootloader but honestly have never successfully done anything there besides drain a battery or two. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts before I try flashing...

andylulzyou

Reaction score
That's the boot logo the easiest way to change it would be to flashback to Liberty and change it back to the stock M with the Toolbox.

The boot logo is coded into a different place so just flashing another rom won't get rid of it.

OP
B

BMcAllister

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention I'm getting an MD5 error on all my back-ups. All of five of them.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Crap, ignore my first post.. I guess I didn't even read your original post

Try pulling your battery and then powering up holding the power button and home button. When the android and triangle pops up hit your search key.

Then do a factory reset and reboot..

If not you might be looking at a .sbf

dxgeek35

Reaction score
If I did a factory reset would I be back in android 2.2? My friends phone had the same problem and I couldn't help him

OP
B

BMcAllister

Reaction score
No. A factory reset will only wipe any personalized data you put on the phone. The operating system and everything else will stay the same. That's why if a update fails a factory reset usually won't help.
Update: Flashed Happy Holidays From THB and still came up with airs. Flashed all night, drained two batteries. Walked into my friendly neighborhood verizon store today where they must be getting tired of seeing me. They flashed my phone twice. Now it is stuck in a bootloop and I have a brand spankin new refurb heading my way. yeah.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Where was it stuck in bootloop?? There needs to be more info here to actually help. Such as what system version were you on? What SBF did you try and use? What version of RSD did you have?? And not only does it wipe user data during a factory reset but it also will restore the system to default settings.

dlbrown75

Reaction score
Did you change the names of your backups? If so change back then try.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Did you nandroid backup 1st? If so, thats how you get your stock back. It puzzles and irks me how many people skip the most important thing you can do to fix a problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score
Its all a good learning experience. If all else fails do an sbf.

Then you will be prepared to handle any problem you have in the future.

kayechz

Reaction score
You all are lifesavers. I had the same boot logo issue. Thanks!