Learning my way around Liberty...

cadre.9

Reaction score
I have installed Liberty v2.0 (thanks to the great folks here who practically help my hand throughout the process) and I'm still learning how to customize it. I had some difficulty restoring some of my stuff using Titanium Backup Pro. Evidently everything doesn't get backed up. Two things I am concerned about, though, is that the battery depletes much faster and the phone lags and hesitates quite a bit. Is this common? I'm thinking of trying CyanogenMod. Is that much different than Liberty?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Not sure why your experiencing lag. I've haven't had lag or any issues on liberty. You can try wiping cache partition in clockwork recovery. Just press your power button and select recovery that will get you in clockwork recovery to wipe cache partition. With titanium you should only restore apps with data but never restore system data or you could have issues. You can calibrate your battery with the battery calibration app it's free in the market. You'll see the instructions in the apps description, battery should be calibrated after installing a rom.
EDIT.... If your wanting to try CM7 then make sure you flash the builds for the Gingerbread Kernel which is found here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10191-updated-info-on-revnumbers-cm4dx-gb/ read up so you understand the directions for flashing it. It will keep you out of trouble lol...
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes... cyanogen is very different then liberty...
liberty is blur based... so it's based of the moto framework... so you can still have blur elements such as hdmi....
cm7 is based of the google aosp code... so this is android in it's purest... with tweaks and customization features... enough to get you...well... it did me... addicted...

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
I installed Battery Calibration and ran it @ 100% charge. I don't see much difference so when I get a chance I'll try fully discharging the battery first.

I really am enjoying Liberty, but now that I'm bitten I'm anxious to try CM7. You can be sure I'll be in here with a gazillion questions when I'm ready to take that leap.