help all my old contacts are copied 10 times!

doctordoctor

Reaction score
so I can't handle it anymore, all of my contacts are copied 10 times!!! so if I open up a contact I have the same information entered 10 times! so if if a contact has 2 numbers I will have the same 2 numbers repeated 10 times each. Any one have a solution other than going 1 by 1 to delete the duplicates???

sharondet

Reaction score
There is a way in gmail to merge contacts. I did that when I got my contacts in 3 times (by restoring them from backups multiple times, I think)

Go into gmail/contacts. Then there is a "More Actions" drop down box. One of the selections is "Find and merge duplicates".

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a way in gmail to merge contacts. I did that when I got my contacts in 3 times (by restoring them from backups multiple times, I think)

Go into gmail/contacts. Then there is a "More Actions" drop down box. One of the selections is "Find and merge duplicates".

Great catch SD!!!

DoctorDoctor (boy that was a great!!! show), is this a terrific forum??? I mean, weird problem and still a very, very specific answer.

OP
doctordoctor

doctordoctor

Reaction score
further clarification it seems to be resolved in the actual contact... but when I want to add a direct dial on my front page each contact is duplicated 10 times!!!! so it takes forever to scroll down and find a name

Deuel

Reaction score
SharonDet is correct, but this needs to be done from your PC. The option is not available on your phone.