Contacts have multiple phone numbers, some with dashes, some without...

carbine

Reaction score
Well, I realized that after syncing with Facebook a lot of my contacts have 2 copies of their phone number stored, one with dashes and one without. Is there a way to clean this up? When checking my google account contacts this caused me to have 2 of all of my contacts.

Apparently from withing Google they have a duplicate finding feature that merges them all. Seemed to work Not sure if it that updates my phone or not.

Last edited:

andron

Reaction score
Well, I realized that after syncing with Facebook a lot of my contacts have 2 copies of their phone number stored, one with dashes and one without. Is there a way to clean this up? When checking my google account contacts this caused me to have 2 of all of my contacts.

Apparently from withing Google they have a duplicate finding feature that merges them all. Seemed to work Not sure if it that updates my phone or not.

Try Contact Analyzer 2. It deletes duplicated information (phone numbers, emails, IM accounts, postal addresses) in contacts. Dashes in phones are ignored.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

By all means try the app recommended above, but in the contacts page of gmail on line there is a setting for sorting out duplicate contacts.

andron

Reaction score
By all means try the app recommended above, but in the contacts page of gmail on line there is a setting for sorting out duplicate contacts.

The useful advice, but it works only for gmail accounts.