Having gotten my phone wet, I need a repair site.

713King

Reaction score
I heard dipping the phone in alcohol and putting it on rice can fix your phone... try youtube.com i think they have a video

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
I heard dipping the phone in alcohol and putting it on rice can fix your phone... try youtube.com i think they have a video

I'm going to have the phone repaired by professionals.

713King

Reaction score
By the time it gets there it probably dry already

Also why not just call Asurion and pay the 80 dollars if it is completely damaged... waste of money

Last edited:

soba1

Reaction score
By the time it gets there it probably dry already

Also why not just call Asurion and pay the 80 dollars if it is completely damaged... waste of money

:icon_eek: It's 80 now............. HS! (Lets start a new one Holy $h!t)

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
where's the sim card on the droid x?
and i don't have insurance. don't haze me for that :)

Aohus

Reaction score
where's the sim card on the droid x?
and i don't have insurance. don't haze me for that :)

try the rice fix that was mentioned earlier. i can see how it could absorb all the liquid inside your phone.

02stampede

Reaction score
I didnt just get mine wet.. I sent my droid through an entire wash cycle. I removed the battery, dipped it in alcohol, and set it in front of a fan overnight and it worked for me. It wasn't completely dry for a few days so I would wait longer than overnight. The only problems I had was the screen has streaks on certain colors now but not totally noticeable. I wouldnt do the rice thing, I started to after the alcohol and realized how dusty and gunky it was making my phone.

cgrimm9

Reaction score
regular water is corrosive. damage to phone is a good possibility. I heard of the rubbing alcohol but what I have done in the past when a phone got dropped in water is get a gallon of distilled water. (not corrosive) and poor it in a glass with the battery out drop the phone in the glass of distilled water for 5 min. this will clean out any of the old water that may still be in phone. then let it dry for a couple days.

you do have 30 days to purchase insurance on the phone so if the phone is not 30 days old you can purchase insurance and wait till the thing breaks and get a new phone.

soba1

Reaction score
regular water is corrosive. damage to phone is a good possibility. I heard of the rubbing alcohol but what I have done in the past when a phone got dropped in water is get a gallon of distilled water. (not corrosive) and poor it in a glass with the battery out drop the phone in the glass of distilled water for 5 min. this will clean out any of the old water that may still be in phone. then let it dry for a couple days.

you do have 30 days to purchase insurance on the phone so if the phone is not 30 days old you can purchase insurance and wait till the thing breaks and get a new phone.

Thats a good idea..............

BB1980

Reaction score
My phone insurance specifically says it doesn't cover water damage, or loss in a body of water. :frown: