What's a good free image hosting site that plays well w/Droid?

PridgNYC

Reaction score
I use picasa on the computer and the droid, and it works great. The computer program asks what you would like to scan and add to the browser. Uploading to the web is by choice, it can be a per picture, or per folder basis. Folders on the web can be private or public, there are additional levels of security that you can enable as well to make them accessible via a link but not searchable, etc. Getting the link to post to a website is as easy as copy/paste.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
it may not necessarily be an image hosting site but look up dropbox on the market as well. Its a cool app that lets you sync folders between your phone and pc... No more need to tether to transfer files. And you can also share folders with other users if you have their e-mail address.

iPirate

Reaction score
I think Picasa might be what I was looking for for the best integration with the Droid. The question I have is if I install this on my PC will it attempt to scan my entire HDD to make them all available online or can I pick and choose individually what I want hosted online and which ones I want to be made public and which ones are password protected but I can still link to them? I read some horror stories about Picasa basically scanning your HDD and posting ALL of your images online or making them available but I don't know how accurate that is.... sounds far fetched to me but I want to make sure before I click I Agree I'm not signing up for some sort of privacy issue I want nothing to do with.

As I've stated, I have had hosting from a buddy for long enough that I know relatively nothing about this other than what I had.

Well, I've only recently started using Picasa, but I didn't install the program. I simply upload from my Droid, then go to picasa.com and click on web albums. I'm usually logged into Gmail already, but you may have to log into your google account. From there, you can link and set permissions and etc...
i do this :icon_ banana:

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
I've been using Picasa and it works well. I haven't messed with it much but recently found that you can just use your browser to upload and manage images which I prefer over installing programs to do the same thing. I like to keep my PCs light and only install programs when it's 100% necessary. I also went to the range the other day and on the way back into town I was able to upload all the photos we took that day while coming down the canyon... gotta love Verizon 3G. Worked quite well. I even emailed the link to my friends that went with me and they asked 'Will you send me those?' I replied 'They're already uploaded and you have an email in your inbox with the link to them waiting for you' and they both just looked at me like I was an employee of NASA or something. It was great.

As for Dropbox, I already have an account but haven't investigated using it to sync w/my Droid.

lschicky

Reaction score
I personally use Flickr.

Pro -$25/year
Unlimited photo uploads (20MB per photo)
Unlimited video uploads (90 seconds max, 500MB per video)
The ability to show HD Video
Unlimited storage
Unlimited bandwidth
Archiving of high-resolution original images
The ability to replace a photo
Post any of your photos or videos in up to 60 group pools
Ad-free browsing and sharing
View count and referrer statistics
Compare that to what you get with a Free Account:

Free Account
100 MB monthly photo upload limit (10MB per photo)
2 video uploads each month (90 seconds max, 150MB per video)
Photostream views limited to the 200 most recent images (they save all the images you upload so if you upgrade you get them all)
Post any of your photos in up to 10 group pools
Only smaller (resized) images accessible (though the originals are saved in case you upgrade later)

I'm so-so on photobucket since it's pretty easy to find hidden photos from users without them knowing.