Have you been seeing any Droids out & about in public?

nite 0wl

Reaction score
Every day I am surrounded by iBricks and Crackberries, The only people I have actually seen holding a Droid (outside of people at the Verizon displays) were the people on either side of me when I was buying mine.

making a simple joke if people are not smart enough to run this phone then it is there own fault not mine am i right or is that just mean i really do not have a tolerance for dumb people
and im with you on the no tolerance for dumb people... but dont EVER underestimate the power of dumb people in large quantities.
Also, never underestimate the destructive power of one dumb person when given access to a computer. Seriously, they will find a way to make it do the impossible shortly before it explodes/bursts into flames.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i saw a couple while traveling in Manhattan the other day. i think there are more, but people are hiding them for reasons only city people will understand lol....

and yes crackberries are still spreading, like the Plague haha

nite 0wl

Reaction score
i saw a couple while traveling in Manhattan the other day. i think there are more, but people are hiding them for reasons only city people will understand lol....

and yes crackberries are still spreading, like the Plague haha

That might be it, I don't cross the river very often.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
yeah, i have seen a couple of people here that has the droid.. one of them was taking a photo and i wouldn't even realize that he was using the droid until i heard the clicking sound from his camera LOL

and take note, the guy was probably in his 60's! :icon_eek: :)

I'm soon to be fifty.......
Ummmmmmm your point:blink:

it just proves that the droid has an appeal to more mature markets as well.

Naruto

Reaction score
now that i think about it, i've been walking around manhattan every day since this phone came out...the only one i've seen is my own >.>

usually people here all have the newest phones/technological stuff the first day it comes out too...

xliderider

Reaction score
I haven't seen any either. I think a lot of people who have seen mine just assume it is an iPhone lol. I am tempted to slide out the keyboard, but resist the temptation.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
now that i think about it, i've been walking around manhattan every day since this phone came out...the only one i've seen is my own >.>

usually people here all have the newest phones/technological stuff the first day it comes out too...

There were plenty of people buying them at the Manhattan stores the morning it came out. In New York though you generally only see smart phones out when people are making calls or in the subway, and I think the Droid hasn't quite hit the point where the BB addicts (who always are reading their email even though they haven't had reception for 30+ minutes) and iPlodders (the people who need to see their iPod every second they are using it) have switched over to Droids. Especially since the Droid probably hasn't yet become corporate standard-issue and hasn't become the hipster status symbol the iProducts have.

Squidpoker

Reaction score
*Music Paying***I always feel like somebody's watching me and I have no privacy, I always feel like somebody's watching me, who's playing tricks on me*

64h24z.jpg

Last edited:

Zacko

Reaction score

I was there Wednesday and Thursday. Saw another one being carried by a guy in the subway. Saw a few in Times Square.

DaHarder

Reaction score
I've seen somewhere around 10 DROID users on the campus of UNLV, and 3 people using them at the Fashion Show Mall here in Las Vegas.

Not Bad for having only been out for a week.

cgarnes

Reaction score
None, just the two I have (mine and my daughter's). People LOVE it when they see it, though.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stopped at the Invisible Shield kiosk in the mall today and there were 3 droids waiting in line in front of me for IS's.

shorto85

Reaction score
I haven't seen any out and about but I have had a few questions about mine. Most people seem really impressed by it.

a73

Reaction score
I heard the robotic "droid" notification randomly in a meeting a couple days ago, but otherwise nothing