[Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

n0m0n

Reaction score
Major performance issues

I have been playing with tis for a while now and its the best in respect to customization but the sluggish performance is just to much for me.
It locks the phone up, and the FC's they are to t o great in number.
I can not recommend this as an option to those until the speed is addressed.

I needed to make a emergency call and waited so long that it felt like hours.
Hence the call the photo of an accident just had to wait.
Additionally it was outright embarrassing that the other person just stood there and watched me wait.
They went so far as to ask me what phone I was using just to say that he was interested int he device (MotoDorid) but will wait until the performance issues are addressed.

He and his companion looked at each other in amusement.

So I HOPE these issues can be addressed.

THANKS FOR THE EFFORTS!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Were you using the latest version? i understand completely everything you said....that's why i uninstalled it a few posts up. so annoying!

n0m0n

Reaction score
Were you using the latest version? i understand completely everything you said....that's why i uninstalled it a few posts up. so annoying!

Yup the most resent release.
2/10/10 eclair-727

Wish I could say only positive things about this because it does offer SO SO MUCH but at the end of the day what this app reminded me is that its supposed to be able to make phone calls first then all the other options.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
no fc's but i keep getting hung up on the red eye if i need to reboot. I hope they can get it worked out on the next update.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wow that sucks. i'm really starting to think some droids are different! why are you 2 having those issues and i'm not! :( damn i was really hoping this was getting close to the "market"

EDIT: i still am not brave enough to set it as default btw

n0m0n

Reaction score
no fc's but i keep getting hung up on the red eye if i need to reboot. I hope they can get it worked out on the next update.

Well I had the red eye issue 2 releases back.
It always locked up at boot-up.
I un-installed it and used Launch++ for a few weeks.
When this most recent release came out I installed and tried SweeterHome2 again, and it didn't have this issue.
Its been a week now and no red eye...

Not sure why its not happening anymore but its not so there is hope for you if you need this.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I used it for a few days, I took the time to customize my homescreens using someone else's theme and completely changing it except for 1 or 2 things lol. But at least it gave me an idea to work from. I loved the setup I had on it, too bad it would randomly delete my contacts! Of course a few mins later they'd re-sync but it was really scary, and frustrating, so for now it's regular home set as default, but I haven't uninstalled yet.

It would also randomly lag really bad, almost freeze up. Then actually at times it would reboot itself, just be doing nothing, pull the phone out of my pocket and bam...the red eye is staring at me! A little frustrating, but now more than ever I really want a good home replacement, and I hope that 2.1 will allow customization like that, because it was extremely intuitive and I was able to figure out 90% of it without using video tutorials, in fact I only watched 1 and from there it was off to the races figuring that thing out.

clshaeffer

Reaction score
Um. Wow. :icon_eek: I'm speechless. Fortunately I can still type...

ALL touch UI's should be built this way. Holy crap. If I had this for Windows 7 I'd never leave the house (I have a touch tablet). As it is I've been fiddling with my Droid for hours today... was almost late for an appointment. I'm sure most here know the feeling. There are a few things you can't make the UI do... but it kicks the snot out of everything else (on any OS) out there for customization.

I'm quite impressed. You have another loyal fan.

Question 1: Is there anything like this for windows? If anyone know please let me know. I can hope this concept wasn't developed in a vacuum...

Question 2: Is there / will there be a facility for putting themes up on the market for a price? I *really* appreciate the wonderful free themes but with the amount of work involved I can see folks wanting some .$$ for their work. And they deserve it.

Question3: A request, really. How about a confirm delete when editing themes? More than once I've torched something accidentally by pressing and holding when I was trying to move or adjust something small and accidentally hit delete in the pop up window... such is life.

Thanks for the excellent (and I mean excellent) UI editor.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I have been using since the feb 10 build, love the march 2 build!!! no more red eye, I love the hell out of this app, spend like twenty hours making this theme super sick. Anyways, suggestion for all of you, better cut can get you custom icons, and if you link them to some random stupid activity, put them on layer 2, and throw an invisable springboard on top of them you can end up with icons that are springboards! I bet there is a way more efficient way of doing it, but thats what I do and it works. Go sweeter home!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::gotmyvote:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
new build out ya'll :D SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com this build seems even faster :D

unfortunately this still doesn't fix the direct dial/message bug where it doesn't save them if you have a favs custom tray. i wrote the dev but he/she hasn't responded.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
unfortunately this still doesn't fix the direct dial/message bug where it doesn't save them if you have a favs custom tray. i wrote the dev but he/she hasn't responded.

??? What's the details of this one??

Howdy Lemon :D i've tried getting you on gtalk to tell you about that bug but you never answer lol. anyway i wrote sweeterhome on 3/4/10 the following:

Hi there! First let me start by telling you how much I enjoy your home replacement :D After months and many versions I finally have it just the way I like it and it runs very nice.

There is one bug however, that is driving me insane. I JUST realized today what it is. I have a custom tray set up for my fav contacts and EVERYDAY most of them disappear. Then it hit me!! It's ALL my DIRECT dials!!! All my regular contacts are fine :D

i wrote a couple more paragraphs but they're irrelevant lol

They've never replied. i've stopped adding direct dial shortcuts because they completely disappear when i reboot my droid or switch themes. (i have a couple i switch back and forth and YES they're LOCKED)

hopefully you can figure this out.

punyweakling

Reaction score

??? What's the details of this one??

Howdy Lemon :D i've tried getting you on gtalk to tell you about that bug but you never answer lol. anyway i wrote sweeterhome on 3/4/10 the following:

Hi there! First let me start by telling you how much I enjoy your home replacement :D After months and many versions I finally have it just the way I like it and it runs very nice.

There is one bug however, that is driving me insane. I JUST realized today what it is. I have a custom tray set up for my fav contacts and EVERYDAY most of them disappear. Then it hit me!! It's ALL my DIRECT dials!!! All my regular contacts are fine :D

i wrote a couple more paragraphs but they're irrelevant lol

They've never replied. i've stopped adding direct dial shortcuts because they completely disappear when i reboot my droid or switch themes. (i have a couple i switch back and forth and YES they're LOCKED)

hopefully you can figure this out.

Locked and EMBED???