Last Nights Blackberry Outage. Another Droid Rave

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BIS data outages affect all carriers... since all data passed thru a BB must go thru RIM's servers... glad those day are gone.
I find BB users are more stubborn that any iPhone fanboi. They refuse to believe there's anything else, and especially refuse to believe there's anything better. Kind of funny actually.

5.0 = Epic Fail

Man that use to get me p.o'd. How could anybody call 5.0 an epic fail? I mean sure it had it's problems like not being able to run themes and some phones (mine) had that silly little no link in the email problem. And yes, it still required a daily battery pull but FAIL?

LMAO.

So glad I got a Droid. It takes a lot to get off the Blackberry fanboy wagon, even when I was approaching the CSR at Verizon I almost changed my mind in a sense of loyalty. Friends were BBM me telling me don't do it, I'd be sorry while I was transferring the phones.

I'm not sorry one bit.

Nonie3234

Reaction score
Right Feel

I had the same issue with the Droid. I tried it at the store, I tried the one my coworker had - meh. Then I tried the Eris! Ahhh! That's IT! I'm happy!

Might want to mention to your friend that "Android" isn't limited to "The Droid" - there may be a phone out there for him/her!

One of my friends on twitter even went and tried the Droid and said it didn't feel right.

Guchi

Reaction score
I find BB users are more stubborn that any iPhone fanboi. They refuse to believe there's anything else, and especially refuse to believe there's anything better. Kind of funny actually.

5.0 = Epic Fail

So true i know a guy that told me his pearl was more usefull than my droid...

Droids

Reaction score
Google has had outages too, 2 that I remember, but it would take a Google outage and a Verizon outage at the same time to piss me off, and that's unlikely to ever happen.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the Droid. I tried it at the store, I tried the one my coworker had - meh. Then I tried the Eris! Ahhh! That's IT! I'm happy!

Might want to mention to your friend that "Android" isn't limited to "The Droid" - there may be a phone out there for him/her!

One of my friends on twitter even went and tried the Droid and said it didn't feel right.

Point taken. I kind of forget there are others out there from time to time. Glad you found the right phone for you.:)

jmacal83

Reaction score
Google has had outages too, 2 that I remember, but it would take a Google outage and a Verizon outage at the same time to piss me off, and that's unlikely to ever happen.

I think Google has a very very robust infrastructure when it comes down to providing services to all its paying and non-paying customers.

As for verizon i have been with them for 11 years now and never i have i experienced any outages. I think they thrive on making sure that their customers doesn't experience any outages.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I have a friend that is hardcore Blackberry, we both had the Storm (I'd had the Curve at one point before ) we both were singing the Blackberry tune. I was at the store checking the Storm 2 when I discovered the Droid. Blackberries are like owning a ugly dog. It's OK if you talk about it. A loving friend but still ugly.