Have to pay deductible on replacement b/c of missing paint

jayman350

Reaction score
So I have been having issues with my DROID's headphone jack. I called up and just filed an insurance claim, expecting to get the phone replaced under the 1 year warranty. During the claim process they ask if there is anything cosmetically wrong with the phone, I said that the paint had chipped off of the camera button. I figured I would be honest about it b/c its not like I'm trying to scam a new phone, I just wanted one with a working headphone jack.

So now b/c I was honest and said that the paint had chipped I have to pay the $90 deductible to get a refurbished phone, instead of the replacement that should have been free b/c its under the 1 year warranty!

I am pissed b/c I really don't have an extra $90 sitting around for a replacement phone. What makes me even angrier is the fact that I have read about all sorts of people getting replacement/upgrades/etc for free.... when they don't have a legit claim. :icon_evil:

just had to vent, and the moral of the story is that if you need to make a claim and the paint is missing on the camera button, go buy a gold sharpie and tell them that everything is fine cosmetically.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
So I have been having issues with my DROID's headphone jack. I called up and just filed an insurance claim, expecting to get the phone replaced under the 1 year warranty. During the claim process they ask if there is anything cosmetically wrong with the phone, I said that the paint had chipped off of the camera button. I figured I would be honest about it b/c its not like I'm trying to scam a new phone, I just wanted one with a working headphone jack.

So now b/c I was honest and said that the paint had chipped I have to pay the $90 deductible to get a refurbished phone, instead of the replacement that should have been free b/c its under the 1 year warranty!

I am pissed b/c I really don't have an extra $90 sitting around for a replacement phone. What makes me even angrier is the fact that I have read about all sorts of people getting replacement/upgrades/etc for free.... when they don't have a legit claim. :icon_evil:

just had to vent, and the moral of the story is that if you need to make a claim and the paint is missing on the camera button, go buy a gold sharpie and tell them that everything is fine cosmetically.

Wait are they seriously going to charge you for the paint coming of of the button. It falls off for everyone. Call and ask for a supervisor. Cancel if they don't replace it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
jayman350

jayman350

Reaction score
ok so apparently in order to get the phone replaced under the Motorola warranty I have to go through Verizon. No way for Asurion to do anything about it right now. I have the option of refusing the shipment when it comes to my house tomorrow but they can't cancel it now b/c the turn around is so fast.

I'm off to the verizon store to see what they can do for me. Wish me luck

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When reading the first post, I was thinking 'why is he filing an insurance claim?' :p... but I see that you got it sorted out. Yeah, I've already had two Droids replaced under warranty thru VZW. And as for the Assurion replacements, they will charge you the deuctable regardless no?

OP
jayman350

jayman350

Reaction score
ok just got off the phone w/ Verizon. They are sending me a replacement phone under the motorola warranty. Now I have to refuse the shipment from Asurion and they will process my refund once they get the phone back in their warehouse.

so a couple of phone calls, lots of automated prompt menus, and more or less a morning at work wasted...but I'll have my new phone tomorrow