Halloween Double-Special - SS 4.9 and SSX 1.0!!

vhbug

Reaction score
Sorry, I just did a re-install of the .zip and it worked fine, thanks for the fast support though and the rom is amazing!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, I just did a re-install of the .zip and it worked fine, thanks for the fast support though and the rom is amazing!

Cool. Glad you like it! :)

Drae123

Reaction score
Dumb question Chevy, but what do you mean by blow away / system? Is it formatting system in recovery? Your rom works great for me, but the first time I tried to install it I had to SBF from being stuck at the "M" logo when I did a system format along with wiping data/cache

Ty0294

Reaction score
Battery tweaks/optimization chevy? Wouldn't mind seeing yours, mine probably aren't as good haha

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mjdurango

Reaction score
Android Master

I have posted this in a couple places. I as many are, of the opinion that Chevy has become an Android Master. I salute you Chevy. Here is a special picture I hope you like. If you want it bigger I got for you and only you. May the code be with you.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Dumb question Chevy, but what do you mean by blow away / system? Is it formatting system in recovery? Your rom works great for me, but the first time I tried to install it I had to SBF from being stuck at the "M" logo when I did a system format along with wiping data/cache

Yep, that's exactly what I mean - right now my ROM is meant to 'overlay' - but I am working on 1.1 which will format system and get rid of some of these issues you all are having.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Battery tweaks/optimization chevy? Wouldn't mind seeing yours, mine probably aren't as good haha

I haven't seen much other than the usual tweaks of wifi-scan, LCD density, etc. Are there others?

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have posted this in a couple places. I as many are, of the opinion that Chevy has become an Android Master. I salute you Chevy. Here is a special picture I hope you like. If you want it bigger I got for you and only you. May the code be with you.

Thanks, much appreciated :)

WOW - that is one beautiful car!!!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Ok, Chevy:) I've been watching this thread for a while, observing so I could make the move with no issues. And to see what issues are out there before jumping. Trust me, it's been a hard wait. Never had the pleasure of running any of your ROM's previously, but I hear good things.

That being said. What is the best way to do this with my setup (in sig)? What Themes run best with it? I've had 928's BGX from the start cause it runs flawlessly with the basic rubiX ROM I have going now. Which is also why it's been hard to move forward.

Any suggestions? Or just jump in the water like my @$$ is on fire? :)

pandabear

Reaction score
Calendar widget issue

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but when I try to place a calendar widget on a screen it asks me which accounts to use then when I confirm, it jumps back to the screen I'm trying to place the widget on, but without the widget. I wiped data and cache before installing this rom

scott021467

Reaction score
Hi Chevy,
First let me say how much I love this rom and how I look forward to more in the future. I recently installed Black Glass and when I tried to go into your tools it showed an error saying it could only be used with your roms. I know this has been covered before but can you please explain it one more time.
Thank you

61eed301-b399-a13c.jpg

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey all! Ok, Chevy:) I've been watching this thread for a while, observing so I could make the move with no issues. And to see what issues are out there before jumping. Trust me, it's been a hard wait. Never had the pleasure of running any of your ROM's previously, but I hear good things.

That being said. What is the best way to do this with my setup (in sig)? What Themes run best with it? I've had 928's BGX from the start cause it runs flawlessly with the basic rubiX ROM I have going now. Which is also why it's been hard to move forward.

Any suggestions? Or just jump in the water like my @$$ is on fire? :)

As Metallica says - Jump in the Fire!

Really though - I would take a backup through CWR, and then flash my ROM .. that way you can go back if any issues. As far as themes - I am not sure to be honest, I know I've seen a couple mentioned that worked just fine ...

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but when I try to place a calendar widget on a screen it asks me which accounts to use then when I confirm, it jumps back to the screen I'm trying to place the widget on, but without the widget. I wiped data and cache before installing this rom

Have not heard of this until now - but I will investigate and see if I can reproduce

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hi Chevy,
First let me say how much I love this rom and how I look forward to more in the future. I recently installed Black Glass and when I tried to go into your tools it showed an error saying it could only be used with your roms. I know this has been covered before but can you please explain it one more time.
Thank you

61eed301-b399-a13c.jpg

Yep - black glass messed with your build.prop (still not understanding why a theme would have to touch it). Try entering a terminal, and typing:

rstprop

Then reboot - that SHOULD fix it.

scott021467

Reaction score
Did it went into terminal emulator and did
su
rstprop

rebooted and it did not work still get the same message.