Great News!!! Root method Restore is in the Process....

KaChow

Reaction score
I just wanted to shed some positive light. We just recently got a Root restore method for the Razr/Maxx HD devices, that would Restore Root to both Locked and Unlocked Bootloaders. There is now some Development taking place to create an FXZ for the Razr M, which will lead to the restoration of Root on your device with the new OTA. I'll keep an eye on the Development and post once it is available. :biggrin:

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
That is exactly what this new method will do.

Basically, in so many words this will allow everyone to Downgrade with the FXZ through RSD Lite. Anyhow, once you have downgraded then you can go ahead and use the Motochopper hack, to gain Root. Then if you want to go ahead and go into Motopocalypse and Unlock the Bootloader and then return to the latest software Version. This way anyone that lost Root can regain and anyone that wants an Unlocked Bootloader can have that, too. - A Win=Win!

Neverleft7

Reaction score
That's awesome I will be eagerly awaiting that thanks so much :biggrin:

Neverleft7

Reaction score
I know these things take time and the people who do it have a life besides helping us dumb dumbs out do u have any possible eta on this

Neverleft7

Reaction score
have managed to regain root but still not able to get a unlocked boot loader is this still something that is being worked on or is it something that isnt going to happen?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
have managed to regain root but still not able to get a unlocked boot loader is this still something that is being worked on or is it something that isnt going to happen?

"[SamuriHL] Once the update is taken, it updates the TZ partition (trusted zone) and permanently patches the security hole that allowed the unlock. The TZ partition can't be rolled back even on unlocked phones."

netizenmt

Reaction score
That is exactly what this new method will do.

Basically, in so many words this will allow everyone to Downgrade with the FXZ through RSD Lite. Anyhow, once you have downgraded then you can go ahead and use the Motochopper hack, to gain Root. Then if you want to go ahead and go into Motopocalypse and Unlock the Bootloader and then return to the latest software Version. This way anyone that lost Root can regain and anyone that wants an Unlocked Bootloader can have that, too. - A Win=Win!

To clarify - if you have not taken the update, you can still unlock your bootloader and root your phone.

If you took the update and you already had an unlocked bootloader, you will lose root, but not your unlocked bootloader.

If you took the update and you did not have an unlocked bootloader, you will lose root and you can NEVER unlock your bootloader.

Going back to the previous version allows you to fix the root problem, but there is no known way to unlock the bootloader once the upgrade has been installed.

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 4 Beta