Got the 2600mAh extended battery, loving it

droidwolf

Reaction score
So after using the phone the mV drops? So if you check your phones mV right before it dies you can estimate where you are in terms of battery life? Am i right?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry I am a bit of a newbie, what does mV mean? and how can it determine how much battery i have left?

It stands for Milli volts. 4200 would be 4.2 volts. Just like a brand new 1.5 volt AA cell reads 1.7 or so volts, after a full charge my extended reads 4205 mV using the battery left app. The discharge and charge to full cycles are important to conditioning the battery as well as getting battery left as accurate as possible.

Right. You can get a app called Battery Left and have the widget set to read mV. You should be starting off near 4200mV and the Droid will die sometime after 3500mV (lowest for me was 3334mV). If you're still using the OEM battery, you can set the widget to include time remaining. Battery Left still isn't accurate with the extended battery as to time remaining.

Think of it this way; putting in the extended battery is like removing the gas tank on your car and putting in a larger one, but leaving in the original sending unit. As a result, the gas gauge is inaccurate because it thinks the tank is empty with there is a lot of gas left. Using a widget that's reading mV will be giving you gallons, not Full-1/2-Empty.

Last edited:

droidwolf

Reaction score
Thank you so much. You saved me a lot of reading to do. Once my extended battery gets here i will be sure to install Battery Left. I also read how to calibrate the new battery and such. Man i am so glad I sold my iPhone for a Droid.