Seidio 2600mAh extended battery

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should be around 4200 after a full charge and at 3500 you are real close to being fully drained...once again, read the thread, because questions like this are answered multiple times in detail

kc2kzz

Reaction score
What we need (if there is one out already I couldn't find it), is a battery app that lets you put in the high and low voltage, and it would give you a battery meter based on that.

obededom

Reaction score
geez, are you serious...83 pages!

I just got mine in today, can someone point me to a QUICK (less than 83 page) tutorial on how to use this thing?

cliffs?

???

Reaction score

I just got mine in today, can someone point me to a QUICK (less than 83 page) tutorial on how to use this thing?

cliffs?

It should be around 4200 after a full charge and at 3500 you are real close to being fully drained...once again, read the thread, because questions like this are answered multiple times in detail

pretty much this.

always charge it atleast over night, when you take it off charger it should be above 4200 or really close and when you get to around 3500 its about to die. after a few days of use you will figure it out.

for me, i bought the external charger and love it. i just swap out the stock battery at night and for short days like weekends around the house and my big battery is always sitting in the charger fully charged for long hard use days. but thats just me, i use mine a lot. as in i can kill the big battery in a 8 hour work day on a slow day.

obededom

Reaction score

cliffs?

It should be around 4200 after a full charge and at 3500 you are real close to being fully drained...once again, read the thread, because questions like this are answered multiple times in detail[/quote

pretty much this.

always charge it atleast over night, when you take it off charger it should be above 4200 or really close and when you get to around 3500 its about to die. after a few days of use you will figure it out.

for me, i bought the external charger and love it. i just swap out the stock battery at night and for short days like weekends around the house and my big battery is always sitting in the charger fully charged for long hard use days. but thats just me, i use mine a lot. as in i can kill the big battery in a 8 hour work day on a slow day.

^^^ exactly what I was looking for...thank you very much. do I bleed it out (let it die) before first charge?

???

Reaction score
its debatable, but most think running it down all the way the first few times is a good idea. but since for me that always came in the middle of the day, and i couldn't leave my phone on a full 8 hours in the middle of the day. i only killed mine once and then charged it up over night and every night after. even if not dead.

mszv

Reaction score
I charge mine all the time, when I'm at my desktop, or when it's by my bed. I have the battery charger where you also charge another battery at the same time, including an extended battery.

I get really annoyed that the Motorola Droid will not correctly read the amount of charge left in these extended batteries. It seems to me that the Seido 2600 reads marginally better that the Seido 2800.

Now I have two battery apps, BatteryTime and Battery Left, which, I know, isn't all that great for usage. I like BatteryTime, but I'd like it lot better if it could actually say how much time I had left on the extended battery. We'll see how Battery Left does. As another poster said, I don't want to have to interpret the darn thing -- just tell me how much of the battery is used up (or how much is left) in percentages, for real (!), and I'll do the rest. And do it accurately

PhoneZilla

Reaction score
It's a Miracle

just tell me how much of the battery is used up (or how much is left) in percentages, for real (!), and I'll do the rest. And do it accurately​

Those apps can't give accurate percentages for these extended batteries as you know.
But after 4 months of using the extended battery here's my "guesstimation" in percentages with mV (millivolts).

The phone stops charging between 4187-4205mV or 100%
As soon as you pull the battery off the charger and use the phone
for any purpose the mV readings will be between 4000-4100mV for less than
1% of the charge.
90% of the battery charge will last between 3700-4000mV
Less than 10% charge will be 3600-3700mV
Less than 5% 3600mv and below.
Less than 2% 3500mV and below.
3200-3400mV you're at .978%

3200mV and below you're at the "Jesus Percentage".
This is when your battery is miraculously still alive
when you know it should have died. And will resurrect when
you plug it back into the charger.
(That one was free)^

Corey

B

bballhermit

New Extended Battery Tricks?

Have there been any knew tricks for the Seidio extended batteries in the Droids in the last couple months? New firmware? A way to remove the system battery icon from the notification bar? A way to disable system low battery pop-ups and flashing L.E.D.? Thanks.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have there been any knew tricks for the Seidio extended batteries in the Droids in the last couple months? New firmware? A way to remove the system battery icon from the notification bar? A way to disable system low battery pop-ups and flashing L.E.D.? Thanks.

Nope, I've been using the Battery Left widget displaying MV. If it gets below 3500mv I know there isn't much time left.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
A way to remove the system battery icon from the notification bar?
I went into the framework-res.apk and replaced all of the stock battery icons with custom Transformer Icons - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-who-dont-care-transformer-battery-icons.html - they never change, Decepticon while off the charger and Autobot while on the charger, I got tired of looking at an incorrect battery all of the time, and of course I still use Battery Left to measure the MV readings for my 2800Mah

bhall238

Reaction score
just tell me how much of the battery is used up (or how much is left) in percentages, for real (!), and I'll do the rest. And do it accurately​

Those apps can't give accurate percentages for these extended batteries as you know.
But after 4 months of using the extended battery here's my "guesstimation" in percentages with mV (millivolts).

The phone stops charging between 4187-4205mV or 100%
As soon as you pull the battery off the charger and use the phone
for any purpose the mV readings will be between 4000-4100mV for less than
1% of the charge.
90% of the battery charge will last between 3700-4000mV
Less than 10% charge will be 3600-3700mV
Less than 5% 3600mv and below.
Less than 2% 3500mV and below.
3200-3400mV you're at .978%

3200mV and below you're at the "Jesus Percentage".
This is when your battery is miraculously still alive
when you know it should have died. And will resurrect when
you plug it back into the charger.
(That one was free)^

Corey

Thanks for that Corey, nice work.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I am sure no wants to invest in another extended battery, but Motorola released a slim extended battery for the Droid 2. I purchased it for my Droid 1 cause I could not get used to my Seidio 2600mah battery. The bulkiness was killing me. Here are some photos on the extended battery by Motorola. I ordered it from Verizon's website for $50. The only drawback is the battery cover is blue, but if you have dealt with the Seidio battery cover, then the difference in color should not matter.

Here is a copy of the link to the Verzon site:
Enter your location

BPB

Reaction score
So this battery works with the original Droid? How many MaH does it have? And, does the Droid correctly detect the % charge left in it?

Sent from my Droid

JimmyD

Reaction score
So this battery works with the original Droid?

Yes

How many MaH does it have?

(Did you even look at the pics in the post directly above yours?) :tongue:

The rating is 1820mAh with a note on the battery that reads: 1820/1860 mAh (min/typ)

And, does the Droid correctly detect the % charge left in it?

Yes

The full (17 page) thread discussing this OEM extended battery is here >> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/69538-droid-1-2-extended-battery.html