Seidio 2600mAh extended battery

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hows the extended battery going on for you guys?

Very well. With the OEM battery I had about 16 hours of light use; enough for a normal day. With the extended, I can do more things without worrying about it pooping out. Also, if I'm visiting a friend for the weekend I don't have to worry about having a charger nearby.

bryant_16

Reaction score
Great. I heard problems like unable to charge and need to be reboot so as to have a correct reading of the battery?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great. I heard problems like unable to charge and need to be reboot so as to have a correct reading of the battery?

Length of time using is one thing, being able to get a definite time is another. I use Battery Left as my battery app. They updated today and there are more options, but before that I had the widget set on mV reading. If it was about 4180-4200 mV it was full and if it was 3500 mV it was time to charge. It's like a gas gauge displaying gallons rather than Full-1/2-Empty.

I've always been able to charge. I either charge it in the phone (normally) with Siedio's multimedia dock or if it's down I put in on the Siedio multicharger and use the OEM battery for the time being. One thing; even when the phone says it's full (if you're using Battery Left there's a check mark on the percentage in the Notification Bar), you keep charging about 4-6 hours more.

Last edited:

dalan

Reaction score
Sorry for the psudo-necro, but I only made it thru page 35 before I gave up, so this is directed at those of you who have been following since the beginning.

I have the 2600mha extended batt, has amazing capacity when it works, however, I find my phone just shutting itself off for no reason 2-3 times a day. Battery still shows 70-80% before and after it dies, and I have to pull the battery to get it to come back on. Anyone reported/seen a similar problem? Works fine with the stock battery, and the extended battery seems to have no capacity issues, just likes to randomly kill my phone.

EDIT: Just looked closely and noticed that the contacts on my battery are slightly recessed into the battery vs. the stock one which has the contacts flush with the surface. Is the recess normal or is that my problem?

I am having the same problem, the phone will shut it's self off 2-3 times a day. My battery's contacts are recessed as well.

BPB

Reaction score
I noticed the contacts on my extended battery are a bit recessed, but the phone's contacts are a bit extended to compensate so I don't think that matters.
I was running overclocked and noticed occasionally that the phone would reset or be stuck in sleep mode. However, now that I'm running the Froyo 2.2 beta that was just released (overclocked) it hasn't happened again. I'd suggest that's the fix.

Sent from my Droid

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Has anyone else been running a Froyo rom with their Seidio 2600mah battery and noticed any change in length of phone usage? I have had my phone running for 21hrs so far. About 7hrs was sleep time and I am still holding strong at over 3700mv. I know that may not be a feat for most people, but i was having issues with the battery before giving it another shot. I am running SS4.1 with Chevy 1.2ghz ulv kernel.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running Froyo with the 2800. Skull One posted in his amazing Overclocking thread that Froyo handles sleep/standby better. And he stated running 600Mhz in Froyo is equal to running 1Ghz in 2.1 So one could run their phone at 600-800Mhz and be running fast with Froyo.

And u running the ulv kernel with the 125Mhz min I take it....2.1 didnt handle those too good: Froyo does. 125Mhz wasnt good for coming outta sleep/standby under 2.1. It was too low, I think thats why most kernel makers switched to 250Mhz as the min.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
with the 2800MaH I run 1.2 ghz Froyo BB 0.2 with the screen on full bright and live wallpapers constantly going and still around 36/3700 MV at the end of the night, and I get up @4.30 in the A.M. and (like most Droid owners) I am on it constantly. Still I give it a good charge at night, I know my Droid likes to start fresh in the morning too!

Last edited:

BPB

Reaction score
Has anyone else been running a Froyo rom with their Seidio 2600mah battery and noticed any change in length of phone usage? I have had my phone running for 21hrs so far. About 7hrs was sleep time and I am still holding strong at over 3700mv. I know that may not be a feat for most people, but i was having issues with the battery before giving it another shot. I am running SS4.1 with Chevy 1.2ghz ulv kernel.
+1 Same here.

Sent from my Droid

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
+1 Same here.

Sent from my Droid

I ordered the battery a week or so ago and promised I'd let you guys know how it was working out. I got delayed, waiting for the extended case to arrive (I've *always* had a case of some sort for my Droid, so that was a prerequisite), and tonight, FINALLY, the battery is in, the case is on, and it's charging right now. The posts I've read said to charge it 6-8 hours, which I'm planning on, then run it dead tomorrow and repeat the process, etc. - and that's the plan!

I'm running Froyo, as you can see from my signature below, so I'm interested to see how that factors into the equation. I'll let you know how it all turns out...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Mike

[FONT=&quot]Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 2.0.0[/FONT]
ChevyNo1 7step LV1.0Ghz kernel
Luna for UD eXtreme Theme

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
After running the thing all day, around 3:00 PM, the red light started blinking, and when I brought the screen up, it said battery level was critically low (5%), so I rebooted. Low & behold, it now said there was 70% battery level - around 3800mv. Later, around 6:00 PM, when I was leaving work, I checked the screen and it told me I needed to plug in my charger, battery level was down to 15%. Since I was going to be driving directly home, I just turned the phone off completely, then when I got home I plugged it in to re-charge, which is what it's doing right now.

My question is, is this typical behavior for this battery, on the first day?

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Mike

Last edited:

kc2kzz

Reaction score
I just got my battery yesterday and within 3 hours today I was down to 30% (after charging all night). I didn't reboot, but put it back on the charger. Now that its back to 100% I'll have to reboot and see if my does the same thing once it drops again.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is, is this typical behavior for this battery

I just got my battery yesterday and within 3 hours today I was down to 30% (after charging all night). I didn't reboot, but put it back on the charger. Now that its back to 100% I'll have to reboot and see if my does the same thing once it drops again.

This will always happen, and when it gets to 5% it will hang there for hours.......and hours. The Droids firmware isn't programed to read extended batteries. You should read this thread in it's entirety and download "battery left" from the Market, you will have to learn to rely on MV readings from now on.

This is normal behavior for extended batteries so no worries and feel free to ask questions after you do some reading in here

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I downloaded Battery Left, as suggested, and my current MV level is 3985 - is that good? I know that sounds like a dumb question...

-Mike