Got the 2600mAh extended battery, loving it

Benton

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, function wins in a competition with beauty with any engineered product.

DSMJon

Reaction score
I had the Seido 3500mAh battery on my HTC 6800. LOVED the longevity, and the battery life on the Droid is definitely taking some adjustment. I also dislike the new micro USB charging port, but what can ya do...

From what I learned with the 6800, rather than investing in a bigger battery, I have invested in USB cables and transformers (cig lighter and 110v).. less than $20 investment from monoprice.com. My next planned purchase will be a roll-up solar charger to use while hiking/camping, since I typically leave the GPS logger running to later plot my course...

Benton

Reaction score
DSM, keep us posted on the solar charger...that could be an awesome component to go with the Droid in the wild.

DSMJon

Reaction score
will do, plan to get one in a few weeks. I tried the AA battery charging system last year... only to find a nasty parasitic draw if left plugged in... could benefit from a diode for sure. even them I didn't like having to carry the extra sets of batteries.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
I've also had 2 solar chargers so far, I'm taking back the last one I bought since neither really had enough oomph on their internal battery to even put a dent in this 2600mAh beast :)

calpilot7

Reaction score
Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery

This extended 2600mAh battery (vs the 1350mAh stock one) thus far has been great. Although likely not quite double the life, I'm no longer paranoid I'll make it though a day without depleting a battery. I'm really digging the fact that the physical extension of the larger battery also provides so many great new ways to hold the phone while in landscape mode. Of course I'm going to have to buy the Seidio car and desk docks to keep my docking functionality, but overall I have to say kudos to them for producing this much-needed Droid accessory and other supporting accessories so quickly!

YUK!! At least with this mod the Droid can now double as a door stop.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
get off the vanity tip already, the droid itself is super fugly so this extra battery width is nothing to get your panties in a wad over people.

Now that I've had more time with the battery, I'm getting on average about a day and a half on a single charge - very similar to the treo 755 I previously owned.

emagic103

Reaction score
I can already get a day out of the stock battery. Sorry but the extra half day is not worth the size.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
thats a full day, all night, and halfway through the next day. Today was a *very* heavy usage day after buying some 3D games from the endgadget article so I've almost run it down.

Try playing a 3D game on the stock battery for any appreciable amount of time, dead within an hour.

calpilot7

Reaction score
thats a full day, all night, and halfway through the next day. Today was a *very* heavy usage day after buying some 3D games from the endgadget article so I've almost run it down.

Try playing a 3D game on the stock battery for any appreciable amount of time, dead within an hour.

Sorry but that thing looks like it was designed by a 1960's Soviet design bureau. Extra battery is not extra ugly like that thing. The Droid is a great looking industrial design. It doesn't look like a feminine hygiene product like the iPhone.

Shel

Reaction score
The Droid is a great looking industrial design. It doesn't look like a feminine hygiene product like the iPhone.

It's funny that you said that.

After yesterdays launch, whenever I hear about the iPad, I think of feminine hygiene!!!

(I know, I have a sick, sick mind....)

pie123

Reaction score
get off the vanity tip already, the droid itself is super fugly so this extra battery width is nothing to get your panties in a wad over people.

The droid is one of the best looking phones out there, it looks like a quality device, and it feels like a quality device too. (even if some retard at Motorola has painted the buttons gold)

In my opinion, the droid looks much better and classier than the iphone, nexus one, or most other phones except the Htc HD2 and TD2.

That battery completely ruins the streamlined look of the phone, plus it would make it really uncomfortable in a pocket, the phone already makes jeans look like they have a big rectangle in them.