Got the 2600mAh extended battery, loving it

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
again, you all keep speculating based on a picture (the "sorry, but" replies are hilarious). I'm actually using it and it fills a need in several ways, no matter if it were bright pink or generated a foul odor. Vanity, lol.

unclebill

Reaction score
I just carry my charger's cord and plug the phone into the USB port of my computer at work. Keeps the phone charged just fine. Although I can usually run a full 24 hours on an overnight charge.

Jman26063

Reaction score
Its unfortunate that it really makes the phone look like a deformed brick

Reaction score
thats what you call a droid on steroids...lmao nevermind the looks function is where its at...

nerdbox08

Reaction score
quad.... Why don't you post us some pics of what it looks like in action?

We can all argue the semantics of vanity versus design but from the website picture we can't get a clear idea of what that looks like in your hand or your pocket....

Bright pink I might get on board with but if my battery emitted a foul odor that would be a problem. How would you pick up chicks if you stink??

You are all just slinging sh#t at this point... I want to see that bad boy in real action.

Last edited:

BhamItGeek

Reaction score
Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery

This extended 2600mAh battery (vs the 1350mAh stock one) thus far has been great. Although likely not quite double the life, I'm no longer paranoid I'll make it though a day without depleting a battery. I'm really digging the fact that the physical extension of the larger battery also provides so many great new ways to hold the phone while in landscape mode. Of course I'm going to have to buy the Seidio car and desk docks to keep my docking functionality, but overall I have to say kudos to them for producing this much-needed Droid accessory and other supporting accessories so quickly!
Wow..no offense...but that thing is hideous

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
Weird, I too reside in Birmingham - home of the fugly droid battery ;)

Zippster

Reaction score
Between my car charger, home charger and common sense, having to strap a brick on doesnt really interest me, of course neither does playing 3D video games on a phone....

bgcheese

Reaction score
I know this is really late after the first post, but I have the same Seidio battery and like the original post it is great. If I just use my phone under normal conditions it lasts 3 or more days on a single charge. With GPS and Wireless internet turned on and playing game emulators it still lasts me two days. One really important trick with the Moto Droid Seidio 2600mah battery is the charge it once then run it till it is completely dead to the point it turns the phone off then charge for 14hours. Then pull the battery out for 30 seconds and put back in and then power up the phone. That resets the Droid software to the new battery capacity, a Verizon store rep told me to do it when my old battery was only lasting 4 hours. I know it sounds crazy, but it works! I tried it with my original battery as well and found that it lasted 6 hours longer than it did prior to performing the reset, so I figured I would try it with the new battery since it was charging kind of goofy saying it was empty when it was full.

Last edited:

droidwolf

Reaction score
Haha after reading all of those negative posts, I sorta regret buying an extended battery. But seeing as it is already in the mail, I have to suck it up and tough it out.

bhall238

Reaction score
F
Haha after reading all of those negative posts, I sorta regret buying an extended battery. But seeing as it is already in the mail, I have to suck it up and tough it out.

You won't be sorry. I've gotten three times the life of the stock battery. The fact that there is nothing out there that gives a repeatable reliable indication of battery life left is a pain but not the battery's fault. There is a free app out there called battery left that is close. Just learn to depend on the mV reading. Also do the drain, full charge thing they recommend, very important to condition the battery.

bhall238

Reaction score
It stands for Milli volts. 4200 would be 4.2 volts. Just like a brand new 1.5 volt AA cell reads 1.7 or so volts, after a full charge my extended reads 4205 mV using the battery left app. The discharge and charge to full cycles are important to conditioning the battery as well as getting battery left as accurate as possible.