Got my Turbo free, gave up unlimited data and got a hella deal.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I don't ever use Wi-Fi. Why should I jump on slow stuff when I pay for LTE and it's unlimited. My daughter typically racks up between 10-20 gigs per month. Streaming YouTube and music. My wife is the same. I think we go through about 50-60GB per month across four lines. I was smart enough to get unlimited on an old line that had a dumb phone on it for when we needed a 4th data plan. I just activated an Android phone on that line as year. I paid 10 bucks per month for a couple of years to ensure unlimited data now. More than worth it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Had the opposite affect. I walked in, said what's the best you can do for me. They looked at my data usage and told me I should pay full price.

125GB last month on one unlimited phone, and 40GB on mine. So, unless they come up with a cheap 200GB per month plan, I'll be keeping my unlimited.
LOL! I have unlimted also and I doubt I hit 125GB in 3/4 of a year!

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Exactly. I don't ever use Wi-Fi. Why should I jump on slow stuff when I pay for LTE and it's unlimited. My daughter typically racks up between 10-20 gigs per month. Streaming YouTube and music. My wife is the same. I think we go through about 50-60GB per month across four lines. I was smart enough to get unlimited on an old line that had a dumb phone on it for when we needed a 4th data plan. I just activated an Android phone on that line as year. I paid 10 bucks per month for a couple of years to ensure unlimited data now. More than worth it.

The 4G I get at home is not too good so I'm kinda forced to use wifi.
My 4G signal strength at home ranges from 96dBm up to 112, but it's usually
hangs around 96 to 104. And I'm not in the boonies, eastern PA.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's about what I average at home as well. My speed varies between 8-15mbps up. While those aren't great 4G speeds its always been more than fast enough to stream everything without buffering so I have no complaints.

S5 tap'n

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I am nowhere near a heavy data user compared to you guys. I bow to the masters... I am holed in your presence. But one thing is sure, I'll have unlimited until they kick me off. I doubt they will since I pay on time all the time.

I prepay six months in advance, and sit at an average of about 4 gigs.

We must...We must...increase our boost

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I get 33Mbps down and 10 up at home. Definitely faster than my DSL.

Now that is BLAZING SPEED according to what I just got, according to 'Ookla Speed Test' 3.89 down and 4.92 up.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not even the highest I've seen. The fastest I've seen is about 85Mbps down sitting at home.