Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Meh. Who needs it. If it exists, then it just shows that society is going down the tube. Almost as bad as the playstation phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

viper1549

Reaction score
banned for what being negative lol.. i cant help how i feel i wass really excited but everyday its late tonight or tomorrow. then uall keep saying he is busy well i dont know what u guys do all day but im busy to im sure we all are busy

sometimes they do ban for being negative yes.. lol

viper1549

Reaction score
9PM where Miami is so it may be safe to assume he would of already spoke to the verizon reps by now.. looks like we are going to aim for tomorrow :(

electric6

Reaction score
Woohoo we made it!! And we are really close to a 1000 posts in this thread too!

2005CTS

Reaction score
Here is just a thought. We all know that Miami is doing what he can...but you also have to figure that Verizon is aware of this thread. They may be controlling the leak to generate interest and the delay that Miami is having is really the planned release schedule that Verizon is shooting for.

I would have thought Miami would have met with them by now, but then again he has been good about letting us know when they haven't shown up. I think the new thread is in the works, but the timing is being worked out. It has been too many hours since Miami posted to think he is just still sitting around waiting on the Verizon reps.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Man oh man...I was really hoping to see something today. I am losing hope here.

So...just a poll. How many people on a Storm that their contract is about to expire and ready to move to a droid? That is me...I have 23 days until my two years are up. I have been waiting for this device to see if it is worth staying on Verizon for.

Surprised you haven't tried the annual upgrade.

Two years ago I was looking for a Verizon iPhone equivalant. The Storm. And LG Dare. Those were the options. I choose the Dare. It was a great little phone but once I learned about the annual upgrade 14 months into the contract, and the Droid 1 was just released I was out. It was almost a perfect phone but one I was not looking to keep for two years. Low RAM and redraw and limited internal storage. Learning the secrets of ADW and rooting have kept me content... I am thinking the Incredible HD I can keep for two years. I won't live in an LTE area for some time. And I want to keep my unlimited data plan as long as possible.

Therefore, I have been addicited to this thread. Miami, please?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I have been waiting for something on Verizon that was worth another 2-year commitment. I really liked the original Droid Incredible...but not enough to jump ship just yet. Then there have been rumors of a Storm3 for months...which we now know it is dead. But the thing that got me to wait to get something new was the BGR post that showed this phone back in August. I have been waiting for it ever since. I do not want a slider and wanted at least a 4" screen. I almost jumped for the Fascinate...but opted to hold out for this device. It has been a painful wait all these months, but I am hoping that the information we find out tonight (this weekend at the latest) makes the wait worth it.

viper1549

Reaction score
Here is just a thought. We all know that Miami is doing what he can...but you also have to figure that Verizon is aware of this thread. They may be controlling the leak to generate interest and the delay that Miami is having is really the planned release schedule that Verizon is shooting for.

I would have thought Miami would have met with them by now, but then again he has been good about letting us know when they haven't shown up. I think the new thread is in the works, but the timing is being worked out. It has been too many hours since Miami posted to think he is just still sitting around waiting on the Verizon reps.

well he was off work 5 hours ago.. so we can only hope so.. sounded like he had pics, had specs and just wanted some questions answered..

but you have a point.. i thought he was just getting info from a buddy at first but this def has turned into something that looks controlled..

shi*t its going to be the best and last 3G phone for verizon not only for the year but for good because of LTE next year.. most likely and possibly better than the rest of the 3G phones to be released this year on any other carrier depending how the nexus 2 bs turns out..

this phone is going to be verizons top holiday seller if everything goes as planned as we know it so you know they care about how this phone is marketed and leaked..

sheesh im going to be so glad when we get this info, for such a secret this thing better have a 1.5 ghz processor :)

2005CTS

Reaction score

well he was off work 5 hours ago.. so we can only hope so.. sounded like he had pics, had specs and just wanted some questions answered..

but you have a point.. i thought he was just getting info from a buddy at first but this def has turned into something that looks controlled..

shi*t its going to be the best and last 3G phone for verizon not only for the year but for good because of LTE next year.. most likely and possibly better than the rest of the 3G phones to be released this year on any other carrier depending how the nexus 2 bs turns out..

this phone is going to be verizons top holiday seller if everything goes as planned as we know it so you know they care about how this phone is marketed and leaked..

sheesh im going to be so glad when we get this info, for such a secret this thing better have a 1.5 ghz processor :)

Yes - you hit the nail on the head. This is probably the last "big" all touch 3G top tier smart phone that Verizon has for the holidays. I want it so bad...and Verizon is probably trying to drag out the controlled release until November - if I had to guess.

But it would be a nice Halloween treat to get it this weekend.

Miami - do you have any type of update for us?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The one with will smith?

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

2005CTS

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. I mean I know the guy has a life and is waiting on Verizon for the final scoop...but even an update would be helpful about now. Not saying he owes us anything...but he knows we are all hanging around this thread waiting on pins and needles for an update.

Anything Miami...anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.